Last night, after numerous tantrums due to electronic malfunctions and my general sense of overwhelm, the power went out.
Fuck you, Mercury Retrograde! I yelled at the top of my lungs.
My first reaction was panic; I freaked out that not only had I been soaked by a torrential downpour, but now, I couldn’t work.
I couldn’t work!!!!
The tantrums started all over again.
Here are five things I learned last night:
1. Sometimes, the universe is smarter then I am. Nature, through her wisdom, teaches us that we are not in control and that anything is possible.
2. Slowing down is not the worst thing I can do for my heart and my health.
3. I will not die without Facebook, elephant journal, Twitter and Instagram. In fact, chances are, I’ll live longer.
4. A bath is more romantic by candle light (well, I knew that one already—but there’s a certain peace in the air when the power is out).
5. There is magic in everything and sometimes I am so distracted by what I think is important, I miss what actually is important.
My tears dried and with a weary heart, I crawled into bed with my dog; warm body, beating heart.
This is what life is about.
Like elephant journal on Facebook.
hot on elephant
The story behind the Elephant-headed God. 377 shares Visual Yoga Blog: Refresh your Eyes the Yoga Way. 165 shares Boomers vs. Millennials: Will We stay the Course or Change It? 384 shares Instead of Sabotaging another Relationship, here’s how to Run into your Fear. 995 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 9 shares The Benching Mind-F*ck: Worse than Ghosting. 1,722 share The Fourth Kind of Love. 2,118 shares What Teens need from their Parents. (Hint: It’s not Grounding & Punishment.) 1,675 share How Open-Hearted Men can Show Up for Strong, Independent Women. 2,540 shares October Energy Forecast: Prepare for Limitless, Unconditional Love. 3,864 shares