Last night, after numerous tantrums due to electronic malfunctions and my general sense of overwhelm, the power went out.
Fuck you, Mercury Retrograde! I yelled at the top of my lungs.
My first reaction was panic; I freaked out that not only had I been soaked by a torrential downpour, but now, I couldn’t work.
I couldn’t work!!!!
The tantrums started all over again.
Here are five things I learned last night:
1. Sometimes, the universe is smarter then I am. Nature, through her wisdom, teaches us that we are not in control and that anything is possible.
2. Slowing down is not the worst thing I can do for my heart and my health.
3. I will not die without Facebook, elephant journal, Twitter and Instagram. In fact, chances are, I’ll live longer.
4. A bath is more romantic by candle light (well, I knew that one already—but there’s a certain peace in the air when the power is out).
5. There is magic in everything and sometimes I am so distracted by what I think is important, I miss what actually is important.
My tears dried and with a weary heart, I crawled into bed with my dog; warm body, beating heart.
This is what life is about.
Like elephant journal on Facebook.
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 510 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 7 shares Join: Elephant’s Winter 2017 Academy. 27 shares Trevor Noah just won my Respect. 2,525 shares December Forecast: Letting Go of 2016 & Leaning into 2017 with Love. 5,898 shares Year of the Fire Rooster 2017: What to Expect. 448 shares How to Say Goodbye to that almost-great Love. 1,382 share How to Say “F*ck it” to Fear & Anxiety (& Start Living your Life!). 818 shares For the Women who are Trying to Do & Be Everything to Everyone. 2,890 shares