I Thought of You This Morning. ~ Diana Juskov

Via Diana Juskovon Aug 31, 2013

feet

I thought of you this morning

as I buried my head into the pillow where I wished yours lay.

Your smell still lingers in the deep recesses of my mind and I smile remembering how I would ever so gently inch closer to you as you slept, just so I could smell your sweetness.

I thought of you this morning as my yoga mat carried the extra weight that sadness adds to the heart.

I entered into the warrior that I am and held on longer than usual to embrace the warrior I am not.

I thought of you this morning whilst waiting for my green smoothie to blend.

I stared at the kettle thinking that if you were here I would make you a cup of tea just the way you like it, two sugars with a dash of milk.

I thought of you this morning as I closed the door behind me whilst checking my bag for something I‘d forgotten to pack.

It was all there, what was missing was the peck your lips would give mine to wish each other a lovely day.

I thought of you this morning as I turned my computer on, checked its time and acknowledged the difference that separates us.

Your sun isn’t up whilst mine is enjoying the big blue sky.

I thought of you this morning as I checked my email and didn’t see your name.

My heart sinks a little deeper into my chest when this happens; I feel our connection is weakening.

I thought of you this morning as the morning became the afternoon.

My lunch isn’t dinner leftovers that we made the night before and enjoyed a glass of wine with.

And then I kept thinking of you as the suns and moons dance in and out of my life the way we would dance through our house where we created love, made love and loved love.

This isn’t easy and we may not survive the separation but I am grateful that I still think of you.

I would rather feel the hurt of remembering you than feel the absence that is forgetting you.

Like elephant love on Facebook

Assist Ed: Julie Garcia/Ed: Sara Crolick

About Diana Juskov

Diana currently lives on a remote island somewhere in the Pacific where internet, water and roads are scarce but happiness and malaria is in abundance. A recovering multi tasker, she now spends her days encouraging and inspiring people to believe in themselves so they can make positive contributions to their community. At any given time, she can be found doing 1 of 3 things: teaching dance, practising yoga or sipping on a coconut. It is through these simple activities that she has found the courage to bring out the strength in the people she encounters.

7 Responses to “I Thought of You This Morning. ~ Diana Juskov”

1. dumdum says:

Lucky guy

2. Tracy says:

I love this..beautifully written!!

3. Anne-Laure says:

Going through the same right now as I am in Europe and my heart really is on the other side of the Pond in Canada. There is not one moment I wish I could send a note to share what I am experiencing now. I actually have been writing all these notes as I go through my day, but I do not send them. Just writing them makes me more mindful of the moment as I realize how many little things are worth sharing. If you do not share them with that person, you can share it with others or make them that much more special for yourself. Every morning, when I wake up, I feel the weight of the emptiness next to me in the bed. Thanks for reminding me to be grateful about this experience. I’d rather feel miserable right now as I am than feel nothing like i was when I was living with someone else I did not want to be with. I feel so lucky to be able to miss someone so much that it hurts, because that pain means I am actually still alive, and that there is hope.

4. thecreatordeems says:

Wow, that really sums it up, dear…the longing for the 'other'. I lost my husband almost 3 years ago, and the pain, ache and longing still twinge the ole' heart muscles….I feel ya….

5. Diana says:

Thanks for your comments all. Was a hard but necessary step to releasing some very stuck emotions. Breathing it all with you…

6. Genie says:

…. thank you …. It is human to feel … in spite of how others may view our suffering … thank you for reminding me I am human…

7. Robin says:

This sums things up for me as well….have been separated 9 months and there are still days I feel the emptiness. Your post also reminds of things that were not "there" that I wish had been and perhaps things work out in the divine order they should. But I am entering into that phase where the anger and the excruciating hurt no longer overwhelm me and the gratefulness for the experiences I did have I can be grateful for on some level. I'm getting there, one day, one step, one breath at a time….