Okay, so I missed it by two days.
Wednesday was National One-Hit Wonder Day, which is seriously a “day” that’s “celebrated” on September 25th.
Well, I think we’ll all live, even though this a tad delayed; but, I also think you’ll definitely agree that it’s better late than never when I remind you of these blasts from the past.
Take it away, one-hit wonders.
1. The Proclaimers—I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles).
2. 4 Non Blondes—What’s Up.
3. Vanilla Ice—Ice Ice Baby.
4. Right Said Fred—I’m Too Sexy.
5. Gerardo—Rico Suave.
6. Nena—99 Red Balloons.
7. Men Without Hats—The Safety Dance.
8. Baha Men—Who Let the Dogs Out.
9. Dexys Midnight Runners—Come On Eileen.
I know, I’ll have these songs stuck in my head all day too.
Like elephant culture on Facebook.
Ed: Sara Crolick