Update: Love ourselves, and the world will catch up.
Chantelle Brown-Young, aka Winnie Harlow.
“Chantelle has vitiligo and was called “zebra” and “cow” as a child. She is now competing to be the next top model.”
Skip to 320:
Michael Jackson had it. What is it? This.
A few tidbits:
- It is painless and simply a lack of skin pigment
- It is an autoimmune disease. Also if you have other skin conditions, your chance of getting this increases.
- It can come and go on and off throughout your life.
- I’m Caucasian and it is just as noticeable on my skin. There is white skin, and then there is vitiligo.
- It is usually symmetrical. If you get it on one arm, you will likely get it in the same place on the other arm.