Update: Love ourselves, and the world will catch up.
Chantelle Brown-Young, aka Winnie Harlow.
“Chantelle has vitiligo and was called “zebra” and “cow” as a child. She is now competing to be the next top model.”
Skip to 320:
Michael Jackson had it. What is it? This.
A few tidbits:
- It is painless and simply a lack of skin pigment
- It is an autoimmune disease. Also if you have other skin conditions, your chance of getting this increases.
- It can come and go on and off throughout your life.
- I’m Caucasian and it is just as noticeable on my skin. There is white skin, and then there is vitiligo.
- It is usually symmetrical. If you get it on one arm, you will likely get it in the same place on the other arm.
hot on elephant
Elephant Journal’s Holiday Gift Guide 636 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 654 shares Waylon’s favorite Ethical Gifts. 13 shares Learn Social Media, Writing, Editing & Journalism Ethics with elephantjournal.com. 9 shares Dear Pretty Young Woman Flirting with my Husband. 4,400 shares The Astrology of 2017: Letting Go & Shining your Light. 1,973 share The Real Reason so many Long-term Relationships Fail Sexually. 1,145 share Why a Year of No Dating was the Best Thing I ever did for Myself. 8,586 shares I’m a Woman Sex Educator who Doesn’t Believe in Foreplay—Here’s Why. 957 shares These Tweets (and Retweets) actually Happened. 1,393 share