Update: Love ourselves, and the world will catch up.
Chantelle Brown-Young, aka Winnie Harlow.
“Chantelle has vitiligo and was called “zebra” and “cow” as a child. She is now competing to be the next top model.”
Skip to 320:
Michael Jackson had it. What is it? This.
A few tidbits:
- It is painless and simply a lack of skin pigment
- It is an autoimmune disease. Also if you have other skin conditions, your chance of getting this increases.
- It can come and go on and off throughout your life.
- I’m Caucasian and it is just as noticeable on my skin. There is white skin, and then there is vitiligo.
- It is usually symmetrical. If you get it on one arm, you will likely get it in the same place on the other arm.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 1,440 share Learn to Rock your Social Media & Write Mindfully with Waylon Lewis & Elephant’s Editors. 5 shares If you Love her, Don’t Destroy Her. 25,989 shares 2017 is The Year of Kali, Goddess of Endings & Beginnings. 33,583 shares The Best Marriage Advice from a Divorced Woman. 2,102 shares The True Meaning of Friday the 13th (isn’t what we think). 5,273 shares The Technique that helps me make Decisions under Pressure (& has Saved my Life More than Once). 530 shares Use This Buddhist Practice to Overcome Self-Doubt. 452 shares Two Kinds of Love we all Experience in our Lifetime. 990 shares 3 Seconds: “Joe Biden’s reaction to President Obama awarding him the Presidential Medal of Freedom (with distinction).” 1,164 share