Attention all students: here are a few tips to take your mind off all the exams and papers…
1. Probably the most obvious way to de-stress your mind is meditation. Concentrate on breathing rather than those math equations you need to memorize. Thinking about your inhaling and exhaling will calm down your entire body. Along the same lines as meditation, take an hour break to get some exercise and also calm your mind. Yoga is a great workout that also allows your whole mind and body to take a little break from all the finals anxiety.
2. Organize your desk or clean your room. If you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed out, it is best to settle the environment you’re working in. Take a 15 minute break to clean up all the clutter. By organizing everything around you, your mind will feel more at ease and less overwhelmed.
3. If you are more of the hyper type—not much into the calming, relaxation exercises, hit up the gym for a long, hard run on the treadmill, exercise outside or cool down with a swim. With a hard, sweaty workshop, your body pumps out endorphins and may actually help you study after the workout. With high energy and an uplifted mindset, you will feel good about your body and in the mood to crunch out that term paper. Don’t have time to get to get out? Just do a couple jumping jacks or jump rope for a couple minutes. If your mind is sleepy, this will kick it back up to speed.
4. Can’t study without a snack? Me either! Plan ahead. Go to your local health food store and pick up some yummy snacks. For the sweet tooth: dried mango slices, pineapple rings, or your favorite dried fruit. For savory: Roasted and salted nuts, pretzels, rice crackers. If you are one to feel the continuous need to be putting food in your mouth the entire time you’re studying, grab a bundle of grapes or blueberries. You can occupy your mouth with healthy foods that won’t make you feel weighed down.
5. Last but not least, sex! Who could forget this one. I can’t imagine anything else that can get your mind off finals more. Although it may not be the calming activity your mind needs, it will definitely take you away from the reality of tests and papers.
Enjoy and good luck on the finals!
Got better de-stressing or studying tips? Comment below.
hot on elephant
My favorite “mindful” eco last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts for lazy lovers. 0 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 2,115 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 4,860 shares How Each Zodiac Sign Prefers to Celebrate Valentine’s Day. 12 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 6,386 shares The 4 Requirements for a Twin Flame Relationship to Work. 1,136 share What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 224 shares The Most Powerful Performance at the Grammys was (Surprisingly) Not Beyonce’s. 1,398 share Jyotish Sidereal Horoscopes for Saturn in Sagittarius 2017. 3 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 40 shares