10 Reasons to Read the Bhagavad Gita
1. You were supposed to during teacher training, but only got through 20 pages. And you’ve felt guilty ever since.
2. You need a fresh, new bedtime story to tell your kid, neice, nephew, dog, cat, or goldfish.
3. “I find a solace in the Bhagavad Gita that I miss even in the Sermon on the Mount. When disappointment stares me in the face and all alone I see not one ray of light, I go back to the Bhagavad Gita. I find a verse here and a verse there and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming tragedies – and my life has been full of external tragedies – and if they have left no visible, no indelible scar on me, I owe it all to the teaching of Bhagavad Gita.” — Mahatma Gandhi
4. You think “Bhagavad Gita” sounds like an exotic disease that could have been prevented with a simple mosquito net. (I hear it gives you a horrendous rash!)
5. You were trying to follow your dharma, or life’s purpose, but got distracted by something shiny.
6. Learn about bhakti yoga (devotion), jnana yoga (knowledge), and karma yoga (service) and apply all of these things to your own practice.
7. It will give you something intelligent to talk about at cocktail parties. You’ll be the life of the party!
8. Shouldn’t you know more about the practice you’ve devoted so much time, effort, energy, and thought to?
9. It’s available for free online! And you’ve never been one to pass up a bargain … www.bhagabad-gita.us
10. Now you have a supportive community to share your comments and questions with.
Let’s motivate each other to get through this all-important yogic text.
Welcome to Gita Talk
for all Gita Talk blogs and general information.
Jump in anytime and go at your own pace.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 2,287 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 9,780 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,404 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 21,472 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 3,250 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 222 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 3,884 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,137 shares A Cure for our Single Status. 514 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 91 shares