The Blogisattvas Awards are back!
Blogisattva: a portmanteau combining the English word for ‘blog’ [which is ‘blog’] with the Sanscrit word for ‘being’ [which is ‘sattva’]. The letter ‘i’ is used as caulk to hold the word-tiles together. Thus, Blogisattva means BLOG BEING.
Due to the hard and diligent work of some of the Buddhoblogosphere, the Blogisattva Awards have been resurrected.
For those not familiar, the Blogisattva Award is a friendly, and only slightly ego-stroking way of showing our appreciation for all the hard work and ridiculous amount of time many of the Buddhist Bloggers out there put into their craft every week (some every day of the week). An expert panel of blogger jurors will then labor and meditate over the numorous nominations and vote to determine the “winners”. Check out some past winners from 2006, 2007 and 2008.
But it is worthy — and fun, just fun — to seek excellence, honor it and encourage it. It is also beneficial, and the prime directive of these awards, to get out The Good News. No, not that Jesus died for your sins, but that there are excellent Buddhism blogs out there that people like you may read for pleasure and information.
- Blog of the year, Svaha!
- Best Post of the Year
- Best Achievement in Skilled Writing
- Best Achievement Blogging on Buddhist Practice or Dharma
- Best Buddhist Practice Blog
- Best “Life” Blog
- Best Blogging on Matters Philosophical, Psychological or Scientific
- Best Achievement in Kind and Compassionate Blogging
- Best Achievement Blogging Opinion Pieces or about Political Issues
- Best Engage-the-World Blog
- Best Achievement in Design
- Best Achievement in Wide Range of Topic Interests Blogging
- Best Achievement with Humor in a Blog Post
As well as a Readers Choice Award hosted later on Elephant Journal where the readers will get to vote for their favorite blogger you can vote for people’s choice here!
Remember that you can nominate any blogger, one-time guest poster or columnist on any blog (including Elephant, Trike and Shambhala Sunspace) but it is nice to give the little guys a chance!
[Full Disclosure: Don’t bother voting for me or my blog, I already bribed the judges with cheap beer and even cheaper sex so the fix is in!]