Spirituality as fashion or lifestyle statement.
Are you a neo-hippie/faux-Buddhist? Want everyone to know how holy you are? Read on!
2. Tattoo of OM (“it means, you know…the light inside of me bows to the light inside of you.” [See comment at bottom])
3. Lululemon as everyday wear
4. Co-exist bumper sticker on hybrid SUV Lexus
5. walk around with PVC yoga mat
6. GT’s Kombucha.*
7. email signature includes “injoi” or “all one family”
8. frequent Burning Man references: “Oh, I shouldn’t go to Whole Foods after kirtan; gotta save up for Burning Man.”
9. Half-destroyed TOMS.
10. café accessory: Deepak Chopra, Eckhart Tolle or, cunningest of all, Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism book with unbent spine.
EC: Vision Boards; sage incense; Dr. Bronner’s; Prius; Essential Oils in lieu of deodorant, cologne, perfume; altar on dashboard or sacred stuff/ feathers/ dream catcher hanging from rearview mirror, Dalai Lama or Rumi or Hafiz or Buddha quote book on toilet; live in Boulder, Berkeley, Madison, Lincoln, Lawrence, Brooklyn, Santa Monica or Venice, Austin, Ashland, Asheville, Portland, Seattle, Eugene, Flagstaff; vacation in Belize, Costa Rica, India or Tibet; subscribe to elephantjournal.com
What’d I forget?
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 2,220 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 9,780 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,298 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 15,082 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 2,842 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 210 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,103 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 3,398 shares A Cure for our Single Status. 514 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 91 shares