Well, if you did it, you probably really did it.
All you can do now is repair the damage. Hangovers happen when your liver is overloaded and can’t keep up with removing toxins and chemicals.
Alcohol = Toxins + chemicals
Hangovers = alcohol + overburdened liver – water
I can’t help you erase the embarrassing memories, but I can recommend my top 7 hang over cures.
Skip the over the counter meds. They just add to your overburdened and revengeful liver. Aspirin, Tylenol and Advil aren’t going to make your liver happy again.
1. Rehydrate. Drink water before bed and drink it again the moment you wake up. Alcohol is a natural diuretic. Chances are you weren’t drinking water last night so not only are you depleted, you’re dehydrated.
2. Make yourself a celery and fresh pineapple smoothie. Celery contains: potassium, vitamins B1, B2, B6, C, and K, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and sodium. It’s rich in fiber as well as essential amino acids and facilitates bowel movements. (Yeah, I just wrote that) Pineapple brings a host of enzymes to your belly since it contains Bromelain. This enzyme encourages healing and is naturally anti-inflammatory
~Here’s the recipe I snatched off the Cooking Channel.
4 celery stalks, 1 apple, 1 TBS of honey, 1 banana and a cup of pineapple. Add a handful of ice and blend.
3. Eat something greasy. Doctors actually recommend grease after a hangover because it helps to coat your intestinal track.
5. Have some pasta with spicy sauce. Alcohol lowers blood sugar, carbs increase blood sugar. Make sense? Spicy food releases endorphins from your brain and helps you to feel better emotionally. Pasta with spicy sauce will balance your sugar levels and ease your brain guilt.
6. Rub some peppermint oil on your temples and behind your neck to relieve your headache. Rub more on your belly for nausea and sniff a little to improve your mood.
7. Have a Tablespoon of Raw Honey. Raw honey contains a host of minerals. This is a biggie; minerals are what your body is missing after tossing back a few.
~I’ll spare you the cute quote about prevention, as I know you’re probably not in the best of moods. Instead I’ll suggest you put in a movie, cozy up on the coach and forgive yourself. You’ll only see the dawning of 2011 once in your lifetime and I believe guilt is worse for your health than alcohol!
All photos from freedigitalphotos.net Headache by m_bartosch, Honey by graur razvan ionut, Dog by Maggie Smith
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 69,198 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,768 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 14,366 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,642 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 12,128 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 5,284 shares We can’t Break Up with a Soulmate. 2,376 shares This Venus Retrograde could bring you a Fated Love. 950 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 249 shares