I was preparing the derisive jokes before even watching this…but, gotta say, the video converted me pretty well. It looks like fun, it looks like it’d loosen up self-serious yogis, and it looks like it’d do me good on the dance floor and help keep me in good shape.
What is Breakti? (more info on my website)
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED….
Breakti is an effort to create union (yoga) with gravity, music and our collective and individual experiences. We do this by weaving philosophy and specific structural principles of yoga together with music to inform a deeper understanding of our relationship to the floor and to rhythm, ultimately providing a foundation for the more dynamic movement of street dance (i.e. breakin’, house, rocking)
What to expect in class:
• 30-40 minutes of yoga with specific intention and instruction as a warm up and preparation for more dynamic movements that are very much analagous and related to the yoga…
• We take the yoga mats away and throw on our hoodies and long sleeve shirts and dig into the floor. Back spins. Six steps. The physics of balancing on different body parts.
• No experience necessary. At all. Just an open mind and happy feet.
In each part of this series we will focus on a different aspect of the movement. Topics addressed will include:
- Transferring weight and traveling in new ways (outside of walking or running, using hands, shoulders, back, etc.)
- Getting comfortable being on your hands
- How arm balances in yoga translate to freezes and vice versa
- Accessing your core in different positions
Uprocking/Toprocking (upright movement) and Go Downs (transitions to the floor)
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 104 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 36,752 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,418 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,764 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 3,651 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 4,630 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 225 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,239 shares A Cure for our Single Status. 514 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 111 shares