How healing / personal development / therapy became super-fast & easy!

Via Ben Ralston
on Mar 19, 2011
get elephant's newsletter

Until quite recently the accepted view was that therapy takes time (not to mention money).

Now, for real inner transformation, only a few sessions are needed. Sometimes only one!

How is this possible?

Well, therapy evolved. It used to be psychological, or emotional, or ‘energy’ oriented. The problem with these approaches is that the root cause is (very often) not healed: because the cause of our problems is rarely, if ever, head, or heart, or energy based.

The root cause is almost always a deeply subconscious association that relates to survival, safety, or sexuality.

And that means it relates to the gut.

When you work on an issue (whether it’s a physical symptom or an emotional problem, or depression – whatever!), if you find the deepest feeling associated with that problem, and release it from the subconscious, the issue will usually just fall away. (It’s a little more complicated than that – sometimes there are other factors to consider – such as secondary gain – but essentially, it is that simple).

You always feel the deepest feeling associated with the problem in the gut, because that is our center; it’s where our survival issues originate.

The reason it’s so easy is that you are not your problems. Your issues are just ‘stuff’ that you carry around with you. Yes, baggage.

Another analogy is clothing: You are not the clothes you wear. You just wear or carry them. As easy as it is to drop a piece of clothing, so it is simple to release your blockages.

What are you then, if not your ‘stuff’?

Your stuff is just a part of your ‘story’. You can keep on telling your story, and holding onto your blockages, for as long as you like. But when the time comes that you’ve had enough of that, and would like to be genuinely, deeply happy and successful, then you can quickly and easily let it all go.

Because what you really are is pure consciousness. Pure consciousness is what the ancient yogis referred to as Satchitananda – pure existence, consciousness, and bliss.

The essence of everything is pure consciousness. It’s simply the creative power in the universe. It has also been called God; spirit; Tao… there are many names.

When we stop experiencing the joy and love of pure consciousness, it’s because our perception and experience of our own essential nature are blocked. Almost all of us have blockages, because our society is pretty badly flawed.

The good news is that it’s changing, and you can change too. If you want to experience deep inner peace; joy; bliss… if you would like to heal your blockages so that your life, and the lives of your children, can be better, get in touch.

Yes, this is shameless self-promotion, but I’m not a corporate banker. I am a healer. So I’m not in the least ashamed of promoting my work, because I love it, and I know that it is a powerful tool for inner transformation.

My therapy is based on the alternative healing technique of Reference Point Therapy, which I also teach.  You can find the RPT website here, the RPT blog here.

Inner transformation and powerful personal development no longer takes ages, costs a fortune, or has to be difficult.

When you’re ready to change, the change can now come very easily. It’s also fast and fun!

I know a lot of people will be skeptical about this. It seems too good to be true. However, I ask you, if you are skeptical, to keep an open mind. Look into it. You can start with my testimonials page on my website, which is just a selection of the many clients I’ve seen who’ve had amazingly fast results.

Whatever you think, I’d love to know. Leave a comment – can healing really be fast and lasting? Or am I just another snake oil salesman?! Do you have any specific questions about this technique, or how it works? I’ll be happy to answer them…

Oh, and while you’re at it, hit the facebook ‘like’ button so that together we can let as many people as possible know that life is meant to be fun!

About Ben Ralston

Ben Ralston has been practising personal development—necessity being the Mother of invention—since he was about six years old. He’s been teaching and sharing what he’s learnt along the way for a couple of decades. His main thing is Heart of Tribe retreats—whose very purpose is to help you fall back in love with life, no less. Leading these retreats alongside his woman Kara-Leah Grant—also an elephant journal writer (that’s how they met!)—they combine a deep well of lineage-based yoga teaching experience, with expertise in healing trauma and various other methods of personal development. Ben also works with clients one-on-one via Skype, writes, makes videos from time to time, and is passionate about parenting. He lives in an intentional, tribal community in the hills of Croatia, where you might find him gardening barefoot and talking to the rocks. Connect with Ben on Facebook or YouTube or check out his website for more info.

Comments

115 Responses to “How healing / personal development / therapy became super-fast & easy!”

1. livingfrombalance says:

How do I find a practitioner in my area? It sounds great.. sure to good to be true, but what if it is? Then I am all for it!
    namaste

2. Ben Ralston says:

Hi,

Well, you don’t need to! Sessions are no less effective over skype. So if you’d like to work with me you can – you can get my email from my website – Prem Center – which is linked to from my bio (above).

Alternatively (if you don’t want me!) you can find RPT practitioners world wide on the RPT website (linked to in the article above).

Ben

3. HermosaYogini says:

I think think your photo is pretty cheesy but I like what you have to say-it sounds like you just may know what your speaking about. But the photo says you just may take yourself a bit too serious

4. HermosaYogini says:

I think think I won't edit that.

5. Ben Ralston says:

You shouldn’t edit it Hormosa. I like honesty.

I’ll be honest with you too – I don’t have a lot of photos to choose from.

And I do take myself seriously. I’m a pretty serious person.

I also laugh at myself regularly.

So there 🙂

6. Monique says:

I'm sure your brand of healing works wonders for some people, but I don't think it's necessary for you to disparage other methods in promoting your own. As a graduate student training to become a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (and as a certified vinyasa teacher) I believe a combination of the cerebral, primal, and spiritual is very effective. Some people's consciousness resides more in the psychological, and these individuals tend to do very well with any one of the many modalities available in traditional talk-therapy. And, while some people can make great strides in any form of therapy in just a few sessions (indeed, some methods are designed to be short-term) others get greater benefit out of longer-term work. In addition, some people feel more comfortable seeing a practitioner whom they know has been trained to evaluate empirical support for treatments, accepted ethical treatment guidelines, etc. as a result of this practitioner having been licensed via an accredited program (I couldn't tell from your bio whether you have any credentials). So, more power to you for doing your work, but presenting it as the culmination of the evolution of therapy is misleading. And also makes you sound pretty arrogant, I might add.

7. Ben_Ralston says:

Hi Monique,
    I disagree.
    You of course have an interest in long term 'more psychological' therapy (as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor).
    In my experience there is no benefit whatsoever in spending large amounts of money, time, and energy on a course of action that is less effective than a cheaper, faster, and easier way.
    I understand where you are coming from – it's very difficult for us to accept, having been conditioned (as most of us here in the West have) to believe that we must work hard for success, that we can do things quickly and easily, and that they can actually be fun. But I find that they can.
    Also, your comment that some people's consciousness resides more in the psychological is false (sorry, I don't take any pleasure in contradicting you, but it's simply not true).
    Consciousness does not 'reside' anywhere. What we are is consciousness. Someone whose awareness is psychologically oriented however needs therapy (if they want to be completely happy and successful). This is precisely the kind of misconception that makes the psycho-oriented therapies no longer relevant (in my humble – or perhaps arrogant – opinion).

8. Monique says:

Your opinion is most assuredly arrogant. I take great umbrage to your implying that I would steer people to long-term therapy for monetary gain (any more than you would steer them to your modality for similar reasons). Firstly, the mental health field is alive and well and needs no bolstering from me. Secondly, in my career as a mental health counselor in New York State I can expect to make between 35k and 50k (US) per year (the mean is actually 37k, as per the Bureau of Labor: http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_ny.htm#21-0000…. Now, compare this to the 70k I will have in student loan debt, and the years I will continue to spend in classes, workshops, seminars, doing research projects, completing my supervised practicum and internship, etc. and I assure you, you will not accuse me of being money-hungry. Especially considering that I want to use the skills I have gained to help under-served populations, which will mostly entail traveling to low-income, crime-ridden areas (not skyping from my chalet). So, forgive me if I am skeptical of self-proclaimed "therapist-healers" who declare from the mountaintops of Slovenia that they are more acquainted with human consciousness than I. I cannot speak for your clients, but hubris is not a quality I value in a therapist (credentialed or otherwise).

9. Ben_Ralston says:

hehe, Monique, sorry but you've exposed yourself as the arrogant one.
    I am a 'self-proclaimed' therapist-healer.
    I 'declare from the mountaintops'…
    I 'accuse' and oh bla bla bla.

You base most of this on the assumption that something I said was to do with money, but that never entered my mind. I simply said that you had an interest. And you do. Who, after all the studying, training, research, internship, etc that you proudly mention, would like to admit that what they studied is outdated? You clearly would not, but it has nothing to do with how much you or I earn.

I suggest ( you will think arrogantly, but I suggest it with love, my dear ) that you would do well to value intuition over reason. It is far more powerful than what is in the head. Then you will understand me better.

With love, Ben

10. Monique says:

You are at best a well-meaning ignoramus, and at worst an opportunistic charlatan. I would suggest to you that you do not write about a subject on which you have clearly not bothered to educate yourself. Promote your style all you want, but stop denigrating something you do not understand. Your condescension does little to disguise vast, glaring deficits in your knowledge of the field. As the Dalai Lama said, "Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." Namaste.

11. Ben_Ralston says:

🙂
    Monique, I'm neither an ignoramus (whatever that is) nor a charlatan.
    But you'll never know what I truly AM, because you're too busy trying to justify your reaction to what I DO.
    I wish you all the best on your path.
    Ben

12. ARCreated says:

1. I love your picture 🙂 I think it's very handsome!
    2. I too work with methodologies that work faster and with less stress than traditional psycho therapy – but bare in mind we all need something different….so no matter how great or powerful your protocol is nothing absolutely nothing works absolutely for everyone all the time…and thing will only work when the person is ready — sometimes it will take some traditional talk therapy to prepare someone to be open to work

13. ARCreated says:

3. the only thing I might squabble over is the "energy" word… as in the subconcious thought IS energy so even my hypnosis and yoga nidra is essentially "energy" work 🙂
    4. I have seen instant results with NLP, Hypnosis, Reiki, Yoga Nidra and a host of other therapies…I have NO doubt this methodology is powerful — I have NO doubt that eventually longer slower processes will become less used but they will still have their place….we each come to our path and are at a specific place in our journey and our healer is ultimately ourselves and when we are ready we will break through (with or without a healer)
    5. Ben I adore you, you know I do…I would still caution anyone in the healer mind set to always take the MOST humble of postions — because we are merely conduits and the moment anyone of us thinks WE have all the answers we have stepped into ego…
    6. finally I am excited to learn more about the technique, it sounds like it will fit nicely in my toolbox with my other techniques!!!

14. ARCreated says:

PS — I am curious how it's different from NLP and Time Line Therapy —- ?????

15. Ben_Ralston says:

Hi Aminda!
    Wow, I could write for days to reply to what you wrote but I'll have to break it down and keep it brief…
    1. Thank you!! I was an ugly duckling (looked like an Orangutang apparently) at school. Nice to have people think I'm handsome now 🙂
    2. Of course, I agree, we all need different things at different times. Each person's path is unique. However, that said, the vast majority of people still think that a) therapy has to be hard work, expensive, and slow, and b) I believe that therapy has evolved. Whenever there is an evolutionary jump, people take time to catch up to it. Some clever dude (or a few clever dudes) figured out that Earth is *not* flat a looong time before it was officially acceptable to say so… likewise, there has been a big jump forwards in therapy; it can help many individuals, and our society as a whole, *enormously*; and my interest is not in maintaining the status quo / old paradigm… my interest is in sharing this work as quickly and simply as I can.
    (P.s. – my work is 'talk' based too!)
    3. By 'energy' work, I am referring to Bio-Energy healing. I agree with you – energy is a word that can be interchanged with consciousness. For true healing to take place, the blockage must be cleared on the subconscious level, so that pure consciousness (our essence; Satchitananda) can shine through (much like removing a rock from a stream allows the water to flow).
    4. Yes, it's possible that other therapies can give instant healings quickly and easily like RPT. I am not saying that RPT is the only way. Absolutely not! It depends entirely on the therapist. If they are working with consciousness, then there is no limit to the miraculous, instant healings that can happen. However, as a rule, any therapist that follows a methodology that is head, heart, or bio-energy oriented is missing the root cause of the problem, and most of the time the symptoms will persist (although sometimes in a different form). This is because head, heart, and bio-energy issues *are* only symptoms. So you can heal them, for sure… but the cause remains. And then problems will come again later.
    If we are *really* honest, the 'success rate' of most alternative therapies is very low. 10 to 30%. That's not good enough. That means that a vast majority of people are simply wasting their money and time on something that has a slightly lower success rate THAN A PLACEBO. My success rate with clients is somewhere around 90%.
    5. I think that humility is a prerequisite for this work. I am humble. I am also shy in many ways, and don't have a very high opinion of myself. If I sometimes appear arrogant or egocentric it may be because I am! (yeah, I'm human, and arrogance / ego is based on fear, and I didn't eliminate all my fears just yet). However, I couldn't give a hoot about what anyone thinks of me anymore. I'm genuinely passionate about my work – I love it. I know its' power. So when I write about it, I see no reason to protect people's sensibilities. Yes, a traditional psychotherapist, reiki practitioner, bio-energy healer, etc will read this article and be pissed off with me. But I don't care. I don't think it's my arrogance that makes me not care – it's because I have no interest in protecting people whose success rate is (often) 30%. My interest is, and has always been since I was a child, in the truth. And the truth here (my truth at any rate 🙂 ) is that therapy should be fast and easy and highly effective.
    6. I honestly think that if you learn this (and can do it well), you'll throw away the toolbox 🙂
    Ps – I'll get back to you on the

16. Ben,
    Every time your write about this – RPT – I am intrigued. I am a yoga teacher and have also studied life and health coaching and the B1 Process that we use in health coaching sounds similar to RPT. I agree with all you said about it and I believe we need to hold the space for this type of healing in the world. Clearly Monique does not get the work you do – and that's ok. Ele is a forum for providing information and if someone doesn't agree – cool, a respectful 'interaction/conversation' can take place. That's not what happened with Monique…. by calling you arrogant – without really knowing your or your work – that was uncalled for. I don't know you other than through our Ele 'interactions' and I totally feel your essence (Satchitananada) in everything you write. I know I don't need to 'defend' you and you totally understand not taking anything personally – but I did want to add that I think you and your work are pretty fabulous.
    Keep on keeping it real.
    Peace,
    ~Maureen

17. Ben_Ralston says:

Good question. Here's the answer (lifted directly from the FAQ of the RPT website):
    "NLP, and specifically Time Line Therapy, is probably the only technique that has a passing resemblance to Reference Point Therapy. The resemblance is superficial, in that what goes on "under the bonnet" is fundamentally different.

In the Level 1 Reference Point Therapy we use a regression type technique similar to Time Line Therapy to find the origin of a person's blocks. However we get to a very different place than is reached by using Time Line Therapy. Our technique is loosely modelled on Grant McFetridge's Peak States work. Specifically, as with the McFetridge model, we find that nearly all blocks are caused by inherited trauma, most of which occurs or exists in the cell at conception. We have found (as did McFetridge's PhD) that Time Line Therapy does not get to the true origin of a person's condition. This explains why the results with NLP are not always profound and instantaneous. This is not a criticism of NLP, which is an amazing body of work, just a distinction in where we believe the origins lie, based on recent scientific research.

In the Level 2 Reference Point Therapy course we teach a much more intuitive approach to healing in which the practitioner "sees" for themselves the underlying trauma and allows it to change. There is no need to make the client to any regression, which is the slow aspect of Time Line Therapy.

Most importantly, the actual healing work bears no resemblance between NLP and Reference Point Therapy. There is no need for the client to use positive imagery, imagination or will power. Rather, the trauma is instantly cleared as soon as the true origin is found, by realigning the original anchor or reference point. The concept of anchors is not new, but we have found a way to clear them instantly. We guide the client to connect with their sense of "Being" and come back to alignment. Or, the practitioner does this for the client instantly. In either case the result is an instant and dramatic change.

The biggest difference is in the results. Reference Point Therapy clients usually experience an instant change or benefit. We have not seen this occur with any other healing modality."

18. Ben_Ralston says:

Hi Maureen, thank you for the support. It means a lot.
    While it's true that I tend not to take criticism personally anymore I do take praise from people I respect (such as yourself and Aminda) personally: it means a lot.
    I agree wholeheartedly with all that you say, and I also know that you speak from a place of heart and courage. I know that you wouldn't hesitate to call me out on something that you felt was wrong or false. It's good to know that you've 'got my back' in that sense.
    Thank *you* for keeping it real!
    Ben

19. Tracy says:

Ben,
    You are a huge douche, a wanna be guru, trying to capitalize off of others genuine need to feel better about themselves. Good work Tammy Faye. Peace out.

20. yogainthevalley says:

It is interesting and educational to read all the comments to this article. It always surprises me when people in a forum like EJ spew hate and judgement. Criticism is one thing but name calling, accusation and assumption reflect more on the person saying those things. Ben, after reading your responses to these comments, I will never again miss one of your articles. You handled them with grace, professionalism and humor.

21. TamingAuthor says:

Yea, Ben! Triple yeah, yeah, yeah.

The mental health profession is the most corrupt and inept field on the planet bar none. The preceding dialogue illustrated a tiny little (pretty much harmless) corner of that whacked out field. Bravo.

But the thought did occur to me that you wrote both your part and the Monique part as an illustration. Does not matter – it made the point beautifully.

Your philosophy is on the money. Totally agree with the premise you are putting forth. I have no real interest in RPT but no reason to challenge it either as your underlying foundation is sound, unlike that of the criminal mental health profession.

You may be doing something wise in terms of being located in Slovenia and offering advice through Skype. It will be getting crazy out here in the land where the mental health profession has destroyed the schools and an entire culture. Those clever Marxists and Communists from Germany and Russia launched a bomb (otherwise known as modern psychology) which has been detonating in small little pieces for the past fifty years until it has incapacitated and entire population. Quite clever.

Good luck with your efforts.

22. TamingAuthor says:

Oops. Energy should not be equated with consciousness. There are gross forms of consciousness that are not really consciousness but rather a lousy use of the term to refer to mind stuff — storehouse mind, karmic imprints, etc.

Actual or primary consciousness is not energy but may use energy or fabricate energy. The line is very narrow so it is easy to get into confusion on this point. The fabrication of spece-energy-matter by consciousness puts them so close that it is easy to overlook the razor thin discernment needed.

23. TamingAuthor says:

I suppose there is an upside to being "a huge douche" in that one might be able to cleanse the body of the infection that is the mental health profession so that the birth of future generations will not be covered in the slime of false dogma and population control freaks. Maybe "a huge douche" is what is needed to awaken a population all asleep and addled on psychiatric medications.

24. Ben_Ralston says:

Big contradiction between your first two sentences and your last 😉

25. Ben_Ralston says:

Thank you. That's a beautiful comment full of love. Thank you.

26. Ben_Ralston says:

Absolutely. There are those with serious mental health problems who are probably beyond help. I don't see RPT as something that can help those people – but those people are relatively rare. They are also – in my opinion – very much the product of a society that is neurotic at it's core.
    And the intention behind my work (and RPT as a therapy) is to raise consciousness. So in the long run I do believe that as more and more people heal themselves, those exceptional cases will diminish.
    Thank you for your balanced comment. It's good to see that there are people in your field that put the work first – rather than simply trying to defend a methodology.

27. Monique says:

"Beyond help"?! Unbelievable.

28. Ben_Ralston says:

Hi T.A. – I simplify.
    I use the words energy, consciousness, and god interchangeably. I believe that our essence as human beings is divine (god) energy (pure consciousness).
    Of course consciousness is a tricky word – but I disregard all of the forms of the word that are used (as you rightly say) to refer to 'mind stuff'.
    Language, as you know, is very limited. Actually, every time we speak we contradict ourselves! However, we do speak, and we must try to convey meaning with as little confusion as possible!

29. Monique says:

Haha! EJ never fails to entertain.

30. Ben_Ralston says:

It's an ugly word though isn't it?! Douche… and a 'huge douche'. Ouch 🙂

31. Ben_Ralston says:

Yes. Of course.
    There are people who the mental health profession restrain (physically) and drug with cocktails of chemicals. You probably think that is helping them. I don't. But certainly my kind of therapy could not help them, and that is the point that I believe Brian (above) was making, and I was agreeing with.

32. Joe Sparks says:

Terms such as "mental health," "mental illness," "normal," or "abnormal," are completely misleading. These terms were attempts to describe either (1) the unwillingness of an individual to submit to, or function according to, an externally imposed standard or model from other people or from a culture or a society, or (2) the effects of distress patterns on an individual's functioning.
    Traditional "therapy" in the oppressive society has as a goal to make or "help" individuals "adjust" to the society as it is. Yoga, meditation, self help groups, taking turns listening to each other has as its goal to empower humans so that they will transform the society that it will fit humans' rational needs.

33. Ben_Ralston says:

HI Diverticulum,
    If you'd researched a little more deeply you'd have found that RPT was founded (in a way) to redress the problems caused by Theta Healing.
    Simon Rose, founder of RPT was a Theta Healer who became disillusioned with it, and created something much better.
    And actually the RPT website, videos there, etc, are not my cup of tea either! It's an old site, and the new RPT site should be up next month. It'll present an amazing modality in a much better way i think.
    Thanks for the comment.

34. Ben_Ralston says:

Hi Joe,
    you raise a very interesting point. Namely, the different intention behind the (so called) traditional medical system's approach to mental health, and the kind of therapy I am involved with.
    I agree wholeheartedly – I believe we are all a little crazy 🙂 To acknowledge this is to find a some freedom. To try to be 'sane' is in fact a rather more frightening prospect!
    I read a wonderful book on raising children before I became a Dad recently, called The Continuum Concept. In it, the author tells of her trips to live with a native tribe in the Amazon. She recalls how one man would climb a hill above the village, and banging his drum, scream at the top of his voice for several hours. No one in the village would bat an eyelid. he came down, and carried on as per usual… to me, that's a healthy behavior, and a healthy society that accepts it.
    I wonder what would happen here…

35. diverticulum says:

Any time extraordinary claims are made, like "super-fast and easy healing", I think it's important to do the research. I did mine, thanks. I hope everyone will check out the system and these claims for themselves. We may not draw the same conclusions, but we all need to ask the questions. It's not for nothing that discrimination is so valued by the Buddha and Patanjali…

36. randolphr says:

Ben, I find you well reasoned and well intentioned. Thank you for taking the time & energy to share and respond.

37. Ben Ralston says:

Thank you Randoph for perceiving clearly, and for taking time to say so…

38. Tracy says:

Yes, thank you for pointing that contradiction out Ben.

39. TamingAuthor says:

Joe, I believe that is the case. German and Russian psychology, which was shipped wholesale to the U.S. was designed for population control with the goal of creating a submissive sheep-like population. It is amazing how well that has worked. (And we see how those trained in the field consider it "entertaining" when the field is correctly labeled as criminal.)

40. TamingAuthor says:

Okay. So when are we all invited to Slovenia for a bar-b-que and party? Seems like time to celebrate.

41. Laura says:

Interesting, different perceptions, different languages.. Douche in Dutch means (to) shower 😀

42. Megajn says:

Ben,
    You are not the target. People that are judging and criticizing you without knowing you are obviously threatened by you in some powerful way. I read your work, but better than that I have had personal contact with you via a healing (skype) and found you to be so open, genuine and sincere. No arrogance in sight.
    I think sometimes people will always challenge things that are new and unfamiliar without experiencing it for themselves. But as a whole, I think humanity is progressing.
    Keep writing and I'll keep reading.
    Love, Megajn.

43. Joe Sparks says:

TamingAuthor,
    The "mental health" system is full of good people who have been trying to be useful in the struggles of people mis-defined as " mentally ill." However, this structure generally lacks an understanding of the nature of distress patterns and the discharge of emotions, and has been largely taken over by profit motives. The "mental health" system plays a number of oppressive roles. Importantly, it is use as a threat in the inhibition of discharge of emotions, in the general enforcement of conformity, and in the destructive use of " shock -treatment" as well as dangerous and damaging drugs.
    Change the "mental health" system from a system based on profit and greed to a system based on healing, from a " professional" sytem to a human community.

44. Hi, Ben. Interesting discussion.

I don't have the time or interest to search for the answer myself. Hopefully it's clearly answered in the links you provided.

So I'll just ask the general question. Has your method been unequivocally proven with rigorous scientific research? Or is it thought, like many healing methods, to be beyond or incompatible with that?

Second question. In your next blog you provide a rave review by a person who underwent a single session with you and wrote about it just afterwards. Hardly a definitive statement of overall long-term effectiveness.

Have you ever had a letter or e-mail of complaint about your service, and, if so, would be so kind as to share those with us, too, sort of like Trip-Advisor, so we can make a judgment based on the whole picture?

Thanks.

45. Ben_Ralston says:

Thanks Megajn. Yes, it boils down to people feeling threatened. Too bad that they try to throw their fear at this method (and me, although that doesn't bother me so much) rather than facing it and using it to grow. Ironically, then I would be able to help them too 🙂
    Thanks for the comment.
    Love, Ben

46. Ben_Ralston says:

Hi Bob
    I think you are intelligent enough to know that to unequivocally prove, with rigorous scientific research, that a method like this is what it says it is would require vast sums of money, not to mention time. So no, it obviously hasn't, since the people with those vast sums ( http://www.elephantjournal.com/2011/03/2-things-w… ) generally don't want to prove it!
    But if they did, I have no doubt that it would be compatible with the research – unlike the many methods you reference.
    Secondly, they didn't write about it just afterwards – they wrote about it 3 days later. While I agree that 3 days is a little soon to tell if the results are lasting (my other testimonials are given at least a week later usually) it is still a powerful result, from someone who suffered from a lifetime of abuse. I have my second session with her coming up.
    Finally, no I have never had a letter or email of complaint. Ever. As i have said before, my succcess rate with clients is over the 90% mark (conservatively). Those who know anything about therapy will realize that that is remarkable.
    I'm not saying that I've never had a dissatisfied client – I know of one. However, I also know the source of that dissatisfaction, and it is a highly unusual case. I follow up most of my sessions with an email or follow up call, so I know very well the results of the work.
    Thanks for your interesting comment Bob. I hope it gives some satisfaction to your skepticism 🙂
    Ben

47. Ben_Ralston says:

Yes. I'd say it's always time to celebrate 🙂

48. Ema Maček says:

Ben, you're doing a great work. Not just myself, but I know few people who saw you once or twice and are happy now.
    And I know of a woman who you helped very much without charging at all.
    People who call you names and use these words to label you are only showing their own maturity.
    The best things in life are simple, but people always like to complicate and make science of things.
    ps – don't forget, unfortunately they crucified Jesus! He would have done alot more good…

49. Ben_Ralston says: