“Do You Suffer from Netflix Streaming Syndrome?”
Oooohhooohhhh when this latest technological quantum-leap was foisted upon my unsuspecting, weak-kneed will, I fell prey and watched all of this and all of that and six episodes in a row of this and five minutes of that and stayed up until 4 am night after night half watching this while working on that…yes…it destroyed my life. In a fun way.
And so it was with relief that I read, today, that millions of others were struggling too.
Now, six months later, I’m over it. Like all great setting-sun joys, it gets boring soon enough and you want to watch quality stuff that you actually want to watch. Thankfully, because it’s nice to have my life back.
- Insomnia brought on by watching every episode of a compelling series in a row at the expense of getting a good night’s sleep.
- Anti-social behavior as a result of staying in and making it a “Netflix night” rather than going out in public and seeing other human beings.
- Blackouts induced by spending an entire day watching movies back-to-back.
- Pop culture knowledge that is a shade outdated and limited only to topics that are offered as part of the streaming package.
- A glut of intense information about things most people don’t care about, like the oeuvre of Meg Ryan or the subversive aspects of the first season of She-Ra: Princess of Power
- A gnawing impatience when you can’t watch what you want to watch when you want to watch it coupled with fits of rage when movies are not available for streaming and you must wait two whole days for an actual disc to arrive in a little red envelope in the mail.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 73,598 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,828 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 14,366 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,668 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 12,380 shares We can’t Break Up with a Soulmate. 2,721 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 5,284 shares This Venus Retrograde could bring you a Fated Love. 990 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 271 shares