Sexy Famous Vegetarians & Vegans. Videos:

Via elephant journal
on Apr 4, 2011
get elephant's newsletter

Many make the merciful choice.

Doesn’t prove anything, there’s plenty of wonderful famous meat eaters and nefarious veggies, too…but interesting to know that I’m far from alone among we powerful humans in choosing not to kill for pleasure. That said, I’m still only veggie, not vegan, and even vegans consume products (like palm oil, or cars) that devastate our earth and the vulnerable species upon it (no excuse not for me to do better, though).

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkhNN-SSlgs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_RQRGciOqQ&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIcSuA2b_Wc&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAaFhKuMRgw&feature=related

About elephant journal

elephant journal is dedicated to "bringing together those working (and playing) to create enlightened society." We're about anything that helps us to live a good life that's also good for others, and our planet. >>> Founded as a print magazine in 2002, we went national in 2005 and then (because mainstream magazine distribution is wildly inefficient from an eco-responsible point of view) transitioned online in 2009. >>> elephant's been named to 30 top new media lists, and was voted #1 in the US on twitter's Shorty Awards for #green content...two years running. >>> Get involved: > Subscribe to our free Best of the Week e-newsletter. > Follow us on Twitter Fan us on Facebook. > Write: send article or query. > Advertise. > Pay for what you read, help indie journalism survive and thrive.

Comments

24 Responses to “Sexy Famous Vegetarians & Vegans. Videos:”

1. Ben Ralston says:

He wants you to 🙂

(I think)

2. Emily says:

Wow, you grabbed me with the word sexy but there was no follow through at all on that one.

3. TK says:

I think the important part is that people are making an effort to evolve and refrain from doing harm. It has nothing to do with who has the tallest horse. Little steps are just as important.

4. Blake says:

I know for a FACT that Aristotle ate meat. He was the reason Alexander the Great couldn't have kids.

Oh wait… wrong "meat." hehehe

5. Agreed says:

Agreed! I just tried to like your comment but accidentally disliked. This article could have been so much better, not to mention sexier!

6. elephantjournal says:

Would love an article! Sorry if came off as high horse, I don't mean "eat for pleasure" as an insult, it just seems to be the case. I'm veggie, but I certainly eat more for environmental and pleasure reasons than health, personally.

A few points:

I know that much of the world eats meat, and that isn't gonna change right away even if it should, which is obviously debatable. So I think if we allll avoided conventional meat from factory farms, that would be an amazing start.

I do think if all meat tasted bad, you wouldn't be making the above argument. Wheatgrass may be good for us, but I don't see you defending that stuff at length.

The stereotypical Native Americans you refer to didn't eat solely for pleasure, of course, and they didn't eat meat in the kind of quantity or frequency you see in America today. That was my point in saying "eating meat for pleasure." It tastes good. If it didn't, you wouldn't eat it or bother to defend eating it. And, yes, their meat wasn't factory farmed, which is a good part of my personal objection to eating meat.

As for evolution and all, if you eat meat very seldomly, that's much closer to evolution and health. Eat food, not to much, mostly plants is how Pollan sums it up. http://www.elephantjournal.com/2009/06/elephantjo… We have great healthy food available in stores and restaurants. Our ancestors didn't, of course. We also have the capacity for mercy, which is what Einstein said distinguishes us from our animal friends—if we choose to employ such.

And, you're Buddhist no, Jered? Is there something in the Dharma about not killing if you don't have to, brother?

Yours,

Waylon

7. elephantjournal says:

Just more eating meat for pleasure.

8. elephantjournal says:

Wow, rereading what I wrote above, seems I went out of way to be fair to you carnivores…seems I can't win, so why bother trying..!

9. Agreed says:

Oh, I was looking on a device that didn't register those were videos. I thought they were just images. I'll check it out.

10. Agreed says:

Hmm… Rosa Parks, Henry Ford, Jerry Seinfeld, Socrates… not sexy yet. But I'll keep watching.

11. Jered Morgan says:

Correction, second paragraph: "…drive people to AVOID eating meat."

12. clare says:

this is so stupid. what does anne hathaway's boobs have to do with not eating meat? im so sick of these stupid pointless connections. vegetarianism is obviously an important issue for many people: morally, spiritually, whatever. why do we need to make it "sexually" too?

13. René Cousineau says:

Are you kidding? Rosa Parks is totally sexy! A good woman with a strong will and the guts to stand up for what she believes in? Yes please.

14. Agreed says:

Inspiring, strong: yes, extremely. But I don't think she was going for sexy.

15. Dace says:

In today's society this is a great marketing idea to interest people in veg lifestyle. People are excited about nakedness and sensations.
    Just looks how many views got this article!!!

16. Barbara Kitzis says:

Is that Brad Pitt up there? Just wondered…

17. Jess says:

I'm also a nutritionist, and a vegetarian.

18. Veggiegirl says:

A carrot does not equal a human or any other animal. It just does not. Of course if one is concerned about mindful consumption of plants at is noble. Less plants are killed by a vegetarian/vegan diet as they are not first used as animal feed, and of course less water usage as well.

19. Veggiegirl says:

United Nations reccomendations http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/jun/02

20. veggiegirl says:

I am Buddhist and vegan. So are many other Buddhists. Such as Thich Nhat Hanh http://vancouverbpf.wordpress.com/2007/12/04/lett

21. […] Lochte, Robert Pattinson, Zac Efron/Kristen Stewart, Scarlett Johansson, Katy Perry, Padma Lakshmi, Anne Hathaway, Kate Upton. To read something on Climate Change, but not do anything about it, click […]