Watch: “Hot Chicks of Occupy Wall Street.”

Via Waylon Lewis
on Oct 19, 2011
get elephant's newsletter

Great Video, Actually. Redefining exploitative language, along with Capitalistic society.

Don’t worry, it’s not only respectful but truly beautiful, and inspiring to watch.

“We’re not going anywhere.”

Keep the Occupy Wall Street movement “hot” by making a donation and turning up the “heat” on corporatism.

I just made a donation for the NYC OWS here: http://www.nycga.net/how-to-help/

You can find other national OWS movements to donate to here: http://occupywallst.org/donate/

I gave what I could. So should you.

And yes, there’s a Hot Chicks of Occupy Wall Street tumblr to go with it.

More Context:

Greenstreet, writing on his own website, agreed that the “Hot Chicks” idea, at first, was “admittedly sophomoric.” But once at Zuccotti Park, he wrote, “it evolved into something more”:

“There was a vibrant energy in the air, a warmth of community and family, and the voices we heard were so hopeful and passionate. Pretty faces were making signs, giving speeches, organizing crowds, handing out food, singing, dancing, debating, hugging and marching.

“It made me want to pack my bags and pitch a tent on Wall Street. And it’s in the light that we created this video.

“And we hope it makes you want to be there too.”

Greenstreet also welcomed his critics. “I encourage you to use that as an excuse to create constructive discussions about the issues you have,” he wrote. “Because, to be honest, any excuse is a good excuse to bring up the topic of women’s rights.”

Greenstreet’s street cred as a card-carrying liberal…

…One of the women in the “Hot Chicks” video, an Egyptian-born woman named Dania, wrote to Greenstreet, thanking him “for capturing the feminine side of the story and [letting] you know that i do not care if you call me a hot chick. It’s actually humorous and i love it!”

About Waylon Lewis

Waylon Lewis, founder of elephant magazine, now elephantjournal.com & host of Walk the Talk Show with Waylon Lewis, is a 1st generation American Buddhist “Dharma Brat." Voted #1 in U.S. on twitter for #green two years running, Changemaker & Eco Ambassador by Treehugger, Green Hero by Discovery’s Planet Green, Best (!) Shameless Self-Promoter at Westword's Web Awards, Prominent Buddhist by Shambhala Sun, & 100 Most Influential People in Health & Fitness 2011 by "Greatist", Waylon is a mediocre climber, lazy yogi, 365-day bicycle commuter & best friend to Redford (his rescue hound). His aim: to bring the good news re: "the mindful life" beyond the choir & to all those who didn't know they gave a care. elephantjournal.com | His first book, Things I would like to do with You, is now available.

Comments

67 Responses to “Watch: “Hot Chicks of Occupy Wall Street.””

1. Steve M says:

Some one is addicted to facebook to post a log onto a website.. Guys look look what people are saying on facebook lmao

2. Jordis says:

One thing about art is it's not made to please everyone. If it was made to please as many people as possible then it wouldn't be art and instead it would become a commercial package done for the masses.

This is why so many people are becoming afraid to express themselves. Because of attitudes like this one. You should have shown more. Shown less. Done this.. Done that. That's not giving an opinion nor criticism, that's saying your work sucks and if you want me to like it then do this.

I'm happy you see and know that only you yourself can call your self hot. But then you say "That really has to be an inside job where women refer to themselves as such, a man cannot tell me what I should be calling myself or my sisters." So now you are speaking for what it should be and shouldn't be for others.

There's a difference here. And i'll explain the difference. (by the way yes i am a woman)
    There are men who say hot as in they find them hot in many ways not just looks.
    And there are men who say hot as in.. what a slut i bet i could fuck her easily and walk away.
    There are also woman that do the exact same thing with men.

But the nice thing about this is.. They are what they are. And you don't have to like it.

The problem with what you say… Is you are right they are wrong and then you talk for every woman and that's how it should be.

So to you i say. Get a fucking life. And i'm not into debating things with feminists and racists. Good bye

3. Jordis says:

I meant to give you a thumbs up 🙁 oops

People are so judgmental about everything because they know they are right and everyone else is wrong for not following their views.

4. Bob Sorki says:

Waylon is one of the reason I'm visit ep less and less.

5. Bob says:

Not for long you complete fucking idiot.

6. :)Isaid it says:

Yup because not only are you not hot. You are also a complete moron.

And thank you for not joining us at ows. Please keep your ugly face in the basement.

With kind regards from all the hot friendly people in the world.

7. :)Isaid it says:

Well he's defending ep because of how fast it's dropping over the past little while.

he wants everyone to know that it's not ep that writes these. It's who ever is contributing. And Since Waylon contributed this article now.. they are saying it's not the contributer but it's actually the original poster on the other site and they have no way of changing the title on here. Which makes me laugh. Because any one with less then basic html knows.. You can change the title.

Google analatics shows very well the returning clients is dropping fast. And new customers check lightly and don't come back.
    It's a dying site and I'm going to let it die in my bookmarks too.

8. :)Isaid it says:

look at little deeper…. LMAO. coming from a guy who looks down and puts down a model (because she happened to actually be hot) and then goes on to tell people what a hot woman actually is. LMAO.

Dude you're trying to sound all pretty and caring. But you're making your self sound like a bigger douche. 😉

9. :)Isaid it says:

Jen. Ben isn't thank your comment for being great.
    He's thanking it because you agreed with him. And shown him that.. Good there are woman outthere with half a brain to agree with me. Now go clean something.

Don't believe me.. Then read his comments to woman who don't agree with him. And open your eyes. 😉

10. :)Isaid it says:

wow!!
    to quote Ben just a few posts above this.

"Great comment Bonnie. And yes, perhaps I am guilty of 'favoring' comments that are in line with my opinion. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for pointing that out. It's a worthy lesson for me. "

Again he was bullshitting as usual. And only replied that small part to make fun of the people who called him out. 😉

So Ben_Ralston is ask you this.

Did you read the full message? Because I cannot fathom your response unless you are a egoistic selfish pig…

11. :)Isaid it says:

Ben.
    Did you read the full message? Because I cannot fathom your response unless you are actually a egoistic selfish pig…

12. :)Isaid it says:

Ben_Ralston

13. No worries! People get so ridiculous with thumbs upping and thumbs downing stuff… I agree & think it comes from a place of insecurity. If you are secure in what you believe, no need to get bent out of shape when someone has another point of view. Have a conversation, sure, a respectful debate – but lots of egos & emotions flying all over the place are not that at all;)

14. GreedISGOOD says:

Ep is now run amoke with elitist douches posting anything that comes to mind and getting mad at anyone who disagrees.

15. PayDogginDog says:

All i gotta say is its ABOUT TIME.

16. PayDogginDog says:

LOL its "The Police Officer Studs of Occupy Wall Street"

17. sevenpeefive says:

Actually, the issue is not about the lack of diversity in the "hot chicks" shit… it's actually about the fact that there has to be a special blogs dedicated to hot chicks in a protest movement PERIOD.

If you can't see that this is clearly saying that your level of importance as a woman is based on your looks and not your thoughts, then your perception is extremely clouded.