“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any” – Alice Walker
As a filmmaker and as a woman – this trailer shook me. There is a responsibility that we must realize in our storytelling, and it’s not just a women’s battle. Let us be brave, sincere, and move forward with whats right.
This is about both genders – share it with your community. Watch the broadcast premiere October 20th, host a screening, and learn more at www.missrepresentation.org
- Women hold only 3% of clout positions in the mainstream media (telecommunications, entertainment, publishing and advertising).
- •Women comprise 7% of directors and 13% of film writers in the top 250 grossing films.
- •The United States is 90th in the world in terms of women in national legislatures.
- •Women hold 17% of the seats in the House of Representatives (the equivalent body in Rwanda is 56.3% female).
- •Women are merely 3% of Fortune 500 CEOs.
- •About 25% of girls will experience teen dating violence.
- •The number of cosmetic surgical procedures performed on youth 18 or younger more than tripled from 1997 to 2007.
- •Among youth 18 and younger, liposuctions nearly quadrupled between 1997 and 2007 and breast augmentations increased nearly six-fold in the same 10-year period.
- •65% of American women and girls have an eating disorder.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 58,398 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,580 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 13,492 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,347 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 10,456 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 5,018 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 249 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,300 shares February’s New Moon in Pisces & Solar Eclipse. 2,180 shares