A few tips for all you single gals who need help catching a man…
Some vintage advice from Sad and Useless (Click over to see the rest) via Reddit:
1. Do your dressing in your boudoir to keep your allure.
3. Don’t sit in awkward positions–and never look bored, even if you are.
4. Don’t talk while dancing, for when a man dances he wants to dance.
6. Don’t use the car mirror to fix your makeup.
7. Don’t be familiar with your escort by caressing him in public.
8. Don’t be sentimental or try to get him to say something he doesn’t want to by working on his emotions.
9. Don’t be familiar with the head waiter…Men deserve your entire attention.
10. Please and flatter your date by talking about the things he wants to talk about.
11. Don’t drink too much, as a man expects you to keep your dignity all evening.
12. Don’t be conspicuous talking to other men. The last straw is to pass out from too much liquor. Chances are your date will never call you again!
Drinking too much is a bad idea. It’s good to pay attention to your date.
But my “modern” advice?
Laugh too hard.
Be the last one to let go from a hug.
Listen deeply instead of waiting for your turn to talk.
Break The Rules.
Don’t be physically naked if you’re scared to be emotionally naked.
Care less about how you look, and care more about how the other person feels.
And most of all…and said so often it’s become cliche and white noise, but I’m going to say it anyway:
Be yourself. If you pretend to be someone else, you’ll end up with someone who belongs with…someone else.
It’s not about catching or being caught. It’s not about putting your best foot forward. With friends and lovers and everyone in between: give your honest self in the most loving way you can.
hot on elephant
My favorite “mindful” eco last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts for lazy lovers. 0 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 4,334 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 7,276 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 10,460 shares How Each Zodiac Sign Prefers to Celebrate Valentine’s Day. 24 shares The 4 Requirements for a Twin Flame Relationship to Work. 1,392 share What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 370 shares The Most Powerful Performance at the Grammys was (Surprisingly) Not Beyonce’s. 1,398 share How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 174 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 1,706 share