Really anything coming from Kasey Luber, founder and head media maven in charge over at BigHappyDay.com, needs no introduction. Since this isn’t her usual brand of magic, I figured I would give y’all a quick run down of the invaluable information you are about to apprehend.
Kasey made these mind blowing predictions for the yoga world last Friday on our show. While we offered anyone who could guess one of Kasey’s prophecies correctly a special gift straight from the Yoga Journal Conference in San Fransisco where we were live in the flesh, alas no one on the chat line could accurately surmise even one of the events to come.
So without further ado I proudly give you none other than Kasey Luber’s top ten yoga predictions for 2012:
10. Yoga Aid Global Challenge is going to raise one million dollars for yoga charities.
9. Rod Stryker’s book The Four Desires will make it to the New York Times bestseller list.
8. The court will grant Kasey full trademark rights to yoga and all of it’s affiliate words. She will then give it out freely (for a small donation).
6. Kathryn Budig is going to get bigger (not her actual petite self). Last year we saw the posters of her growing and growing-to the biggest which was ten feet. The prediction is that this year she will reach fifty feet.
4. Seane Corn will donate all of her hair to a charity auction which will subsequently raise one million dollars for Off The Mat and Into The World.
3. There are a few somewhat pointless holidays that we celebrate in this country. The prediction is that Hanuman Day will become an official holiday where we will all do service and act like monkeys.
2. Mattel will do away with Ken and Barbie replacing them with John Friend and Shiva Rea dolls.
1. The world will NOT end, yoga will save the day and everyone has a BIG HAPPY DAY!
Feel Good Guru Moira Nordholt’s amazing recipe for her Supergreenfood Smoothie. Yea, it’s a pretty good addiction to have.
in a powerful blender:
1 organic banana
1 organic apple
large handful each, organic spinach, black kale, green leafy kale, collards and/or any greens at all
1 organic lemon
1″ piece of fresh organic ginger
1 tsp each, maca, lucuma, spirulina, ashwagandha
3 organic medjool dates
small bunch of fresh mint
1/4 cup raw organic almonds
1/4 cup raw organic pumpkin seeds
1/8 cup raw organic flax seeds
Cover with spring water and blend until smooth. Always best fresh from the blender, but you may sip all day. If you don’t finish it, keep in fridge for maximum 24 hours.
Moira was nice enough to offer a PDF copy of her seasonal detoxes. Just email her at email@example.com and she will send you all the feel good recipe’s she has to offer!
We got to talk to David Romanelli (aka Yeah Dave) before he taught his Grateful Dead yoga class on Friday night at the YJ Conference and he is nothing short of incredible. Dave offers one of a kind programs like Beautiful Funny Delicious and Livin’ In The Moment, all about self-empowerment and feeling good. He’s a Spiritual Gangster in the truest sense.
To listen to last Friday’s Where Is My Guru Show please click here.
This article was lovingly assembled and transcribed by #WIMG’s Incredible Intern, Social Media Maven, and Radio Broadcast Expert Jennifer Cusano. Check out more of Jenn’s exceptionally skillful work and wordsmithery on Here Women Talk, elephant journal, and LinkedIn.
hot on elephant
My favorite “mindful” eco last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts for lazy lovers. 0 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 4,334 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 7,276 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 10,588 shares How Each Zodiac Sign Prefers to Celebrate Valentine’s Day. 24 shares The 4 Requirements for a Twin Flame Relationship to Work. 1,432 share What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 370 shares The Most Powerful Performance at the Grammys was (Surprisingly) Not Beyonce’s. 1,398 share How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 176 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 1,814 share