So, I’ve been on a bit of a hummus kick lately.
But, having just finished a cleanse traditional hummus made with garbanzo beans can be a little bit heavy and dense in a belly that feels light and clean.
Enter, zucchini. Not only is this little veggie abundant and in season right now, but it makes for a delicious and light version of hummus that doesn’t leave you feeling bloated and uncomfortable!
- 2 – 3 zucchini, peeled
- 3/4 cup raw tahini (this can be pricey so if you can’t find raw, don’t beat yourself up about it!)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tbs ground cumin
- optional: 2 cloves garlic
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until thick and smooth
- Serve in your favorite dish (I got mind from Cafe Gratitude up in San Francisco! I hear they’re opening a new loation in Venice off of Rose Street…) and enjoy with cucumber, peppers, celery, carrot sticks, or wrap it up with your favorite veggies, some greens and maybe a bit of avocado?
Editor: Lynn Hasselberger
Like elephant food on facebook.
hot on elephant
My favorite “mindful” eco last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts for lazy lovers. 0 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 4,334 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 7,230 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 10,362 shares How Each Zodiac Sign Prefers to Celebrate Valentine’s Day. 24 shares The 4 Requirements for a Twin Flame Relationship to Work. 1,392 share What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 370 shares The Most Powerful Performance at the Grammys was (Surprisingly) Not Beyonce’s. 1,398 share How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 154 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 1,618 share