Why do we touch? Why do we long for human contact?
Artistic Directors, Angie Simmons and Amy Shelley, examine the many facets of human contact, skin-on-skin, if you will, as we journey through a variety of questions:
How do we use touch to communicate and what are we saying when we do? How can touch be so universal and, at the same time, so uniquely intimate?
Our skin is the largest organ we have and our only means of contact with anything, that is other than ourselves.
Indeed, SKIN is our take on human contact…prepare to be moved.
Why You Should Come (or, This is Why We’ll Rock Your Socks!)
1) Six CU Boulder Alum will be on stage!
2) We work very hard to give back to the community and have been awarded six grants for our achievements.
3) We may be a young company but we’re making waves! We strongly support the arts and do arts-outreach workshops twice a year.
4) Our music for the show is entirely designed by a fabulous professional sound designer! We incorporate text and movement to give a full visceral performance.
5) Evolving Doors Dance is the only LGBT dance company in Colorado.
6) We have a whole community of 25 dancers on stage! Where else could you see professional work with movers of all ages and levels?
Show Dates & Times:
Friday, November 2nd and Saturday November 3rd at 7:30pm at the Dairy Center for the Arts in Boulder (for more information and to purchase tickets, click here).
Thursday, November 8th and Friday, November 9th at 7:30pm at the KRD Venue in Denver (for more information and to purchase tickets, click here).
Artistic Directors Angie Simmons and Amy Shelley founded Evolving Doors Dance in Boulder in 2006. Since then, they have produced socio-political dance performances that focus on equality, the GLBTQ community and human connection with art. The company has received various grants for work in Colorado, including a 2008 Neodata Endowment Fellowship, awarded to Simmons for her body of work.
Editor: Bryonie Wise
Like elephant culture on Facebook.
hot on elephant
My favorite “mindful” eco last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts for lazy lovers. 0 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 4,334 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 7,276 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 10,588 shares How Each Zodiac Sign Prefers to Celebrate Valentine’s Day. 24 shares The 4 Requirements for a Twin Flame Relationship to Work. 1,432 share What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 370 shares The Most Powerful Performance at the Grammys was (Surprisingly) Not Beyonce’s. 1,398 share How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 176 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 1,814 share