Apple cider and vegan chocolate chip cookie recipes.
It’s a blustery cool day in Florida, and perfect for making apple cider and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies but with an all natural and vegan twist. I decided to make hot apple cider in my grandmother’s cauldron, and vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
Here’s the recipes:
Hot Apple Cider
There is no need for store bought cider. Dump a bunch of apples into a crock pot or cauldron and cook on high for about four hours.
What you’ll need:
- >> 12 apples, cored and quartered—can be any kind. I used an array.
- >> 4 cinnamon sticks
- >> 1 tbsp whole cloves
- >> ½ tsp allspice
- >> pinch of ground ginger
- >> 1 sliced orange
Now lets get to the good stuff.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
What you’ll need:
- >> 1 cup whole wheat flour
- >> ½ cup old fashioned oats
- >> 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- >> ½ teaspoon baking soda
- >> ½ teaspoon sea salt
- >> pinch of ground nutmeg
- >> ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- >> 1 cup stevia
- >> ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil
- >> ½ tablespoon ground flaxseed
- >> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- >> ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips, I like Enjoy Life brand
- Stir together dry ingredients (flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, nutmeg) in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients (pumpkin, sugar, coconut oil, flaxseed and vanilla) in a separate mixing bowl.
- Stir in ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Press cookie dough down into a cookie shape with a spoon or your fingers. Cookies won’t spread very much so don’t worry about spacing.
- Bake about 15 min
Snuggle up, watch some football and enjoy.
Heidi Templeton is a Tampa Bay Area yoga instructor specializing in vinyasa, hot and standup paddle board yoga. When she’s not practicing asana, you can find her in the kitchen cooking up vegetarian dishes. Heidi is sharing her love for all things health and wellness on facebook.com/HeidiFit.
Editor: Maja Despot
Like elephant Food on Facebook.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 59,398 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,746 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 13,492 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,347 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 10,790 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 5,018 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 249 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,300 shares February’s New Moon in Pisces & Solar Eclipse. 2,180 shares