An environmental short that brings together powerful storytelling and stunning imagery.
The vivid images of nature and Summer flash across the screen to heart-stopping music. Her words are powerful and the overall effect is chilling. Wow. The film might be short, but, dare I say… it’s epic.
eXtinction is very much an urgent call to action as it is a chilling account of what we stand to lose. Oftentimes such widespread change seems so out of reach—but when you are able to juxtapose it against something as fleeting as a person’s life, it becomes vividly apparent.
~ Summer Rayne Oakes, Star of eXtinction and Writer/Producer/Actress
I hope you’ll take a few minutes to watch eXtinction in full right here:
The artistic film highlights ten of the most pressing environmental issues in the world and here are the hand-selected organizations (via extinctionfilm.tumblr.com) that have been at the forefront of effective solutions. Please consider donating to one for the holidays.
- I Love Wetlands. Save wetlands with Wetlands International.
- I Love Forests. Conserve world forests with Rainforest Action Network.
- I Love Oceans. Support our international waters with Oceana.
- I Love Insects. Save pollinators with the Xerces Society.
- I Love the Amazon. Help the indigenous communities of the Amazon save the forest with Amazon Watch.
- I Love Glaciers. Inform yourself on the effects of climate change on our earth’s last remaining glaciers with the Extreme Ice Survey.
- I Love Corals. Protect colorful corals with Reef Check.
- I Love Water. Give the gift of water to those in need with Charity: Water.
- I Love Earth. Believe that one person can move mountains with Foundation Earth.
Like elephant green and enlightened society on elephant.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 4,334 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 9,418 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,122 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 2,438 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 8,296 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 210 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 1,851 share If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 2,760 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 91 shares A Cure for our Single Status. 458 shares