If you’re a dessert lover, you are not going to know what hit you when you try these.
These ain’t your typical peppermint patties. Oh no! I’m talking a healthy, vegan recipe with dark chocolate and peppermint essential oil.
You can’t beat that, right?
Who said dessert couldn’t be nutritious?
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon raw honey
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 drop peppermint essential oil
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Mix 1/4 cup coconut oil, vanilla, honey, salt and peppermint oil.
2. Line six mini muffin tins with papers and divide peppermint mixture among six cups. Freeze at least 10 minutes, or overnight if desired.
3. When you are ready to finish them up, melt the chocolate and another teaspoon of coconut oil over a double boiler on medium-low heat. You can also use a pot with water and just put the chocolate in another pot inside of that.
4. Allow the melted chocolate mixture to come to room temperature and spread a piece of wax paper or foil. Spoon a small amount of chocolate and set mint on top. Spoon more chocolate over the mint and repeat process until all of the mints are covered in chocolate. You may use a spoon to make sure the sides are all covered in chocolate and there are no bare spots.
5. Put the mints back in the fridge for a few minutes before eating. Store mints in the refrigerator or freezer.
Like elephant Food on Facebook
Ed: Brianna Bemel
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 67,398 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,768 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 14,366 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,621 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 12,022 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 5,262 shares We can’t Break Up with a Soulmate. 2,288 shares This Venus Retrograde could bring you a Fated Love. 915 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 249 shares