Today one of my best girlfriends told me that a powerful thing about a group of women is that we can either raise each other up or we can completely bury one other, because we know exactly which buttons to push.
This is so true—one of the most difficult aspects of womanhood is that you have to share it with other women.
Having said that, I absolutely adore being a girl. Why? Because when you meet a group of women who thrive on kinship, shared knowledge and general affection, there’s just about nothing better.
So here are 10 reasons I love being a chick:
1. Women are hilarious. From Sarah Silverman to Elaine on Seinfeld, there’s nothing funnier than a funny lady.
2. Women are classy. Audrey Hepburn is a girl, and there’s a reason for that.
3. Girls know how to rock. Gwen Stefani’s killer abs and cheesy girlish lyrics became pop sensations for a reason, and she’s not the first woman—or the last—to set the music industry on fire.
4. Girls just wanna have fun. It’s true, no doubt about it (No Doubt, get it, get it?), girls love giggling and singing loudly while driving, quite frankly, because “fun” is a girl’s middle name.
5. I can write this list and not be sexist. I’m not sure a “reasons why men are better than women” article would do well.
6. Shoes. Enough said.
7. Strength in numbers. There’s a classic joke about women going to the bathroom in herds—and there’s also a joke about men not asking for directions. Now why is that? There are several possibilities, but one of them is that women understand the strength that lies in unity.
8. We have babies. This suggestion is definitely expected—for a reason. Giving birth is powerfully challenging and exhilarating. It’s not for the faint of heart, but then again neither is motherhood.
9. Period = good excuse. For anything. Trust me. Just say you have your period.
Drum roll, please. The 10th reason that being a girl rocks is…
10. We get to make fun of men. Yep, there it is: the plain ol’ simple, straight-up fact that it’s easy to pick on the weaker sex.
Like elephant Funny on Facebook.
Ed: Brianna Bemel
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 47,402 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,580 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 13,080 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,171 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 4,908 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 245 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 3,424 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,300 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 123 shares