I’ll always remember the St.Paddy’s Day when I decided it was a good idea to turn my bran muffins green.
It wasn’t—no one ate them.
1. Bran muffins.
2. Beer. It’s still crappy, diluted, non-microbrewed hop water, even if you color it green.
4. Macaroni and cheese. (I never would have even thought to color this green, but it was the first food that popped up when I Googled “St. Paddy’s Day foods.”)
5. Your pet.
Incidentally, here are things that you should turn green:
1. Your nails.
2. Your plate (by adding spinach, cabbage, and other plants that are naturally green, no dye needed).
3. Your philosophy.
4. Your clothes. (Not that you should actually tint your shirt green, but wearing something of that shade is wonderfully cheesy on St. Patty’s Day.)
5. Your chile. (Sorry, anyone who hasn’t spent time in New Mexico might not get this, but when I’m asked if I want my chile green or red, I always answer, “green please.”)
Happy St. Paddy’s Day!
Like elephant food on Facebook.
Ed: Kate Bartolotta
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 4,334 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 9,068 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 11,352 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 2,103 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 210 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,794 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 2,355 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 2,106 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 176 shares A Cure for our Single Status. 458 shares