The Most Amazing Woman in the World: Maggie Doyne!

Via Walk The Talk Show
on Feb 11, 2015
get elephant's newsletter

Alessandra Petlin for the New York Times

Walk the Talk Show with Waylon Lewis Presents…

Most of the time, I feel like the world is wonderful but has horrible problems that I have little power to fix.

Maybe you feel this way, too.

Warning: don’t watch this video if you don’t want to turn your whole life upside down and live
every day with inspiration and joy in compassion. ~ Waylon Lewis

Subscribe to Walk the Talk Show with Waylon Lewis for one new mindful video a week.

Maggie Doyne and her children. Kopila Valley Chilren's Home, Surblinknow.org blinknow.org blinknow.orgblinknow.org

~

Connect with Maggie on BlinkNow’s website, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter

~

Relephant:

We Are Not Here to Do Everything, We Are Here to Do Something. {Video}

~

We got your social mediums right heah:

Get our best, new conversations through our Walk the Talk Show newsletter.

On Facebook? “Like” Walk the Talk Show.

Listen: Walk your Talk on your commute or over dishes with Soundcloud.

Subscribe directly to our award-winning Youtube Channel.

Editor: Rachel Nussbaum

Photos: Alessandra Petlin for the New York Timesblinknow.org

Still image of Maggie in the classroom with the children and footage: © 2010 Nola Productions

About Walk The Talk Show

Walk the Talk Show with Waylon Lewis is fun, yet fundamentally serious. We aim to be "The Daily Show of mindfulness," spreading the good news beyond the choir to those who weren't sure they gave a care. Our videos are featured on more than 20 sites, including elephantjournal.com. Fan us on facebook too.

Comments

8 Responses to “The Most Amazing Woman in the World: Maggie Doyne!”

1. Minerva says:

Was that a joke about Monsanto being a sponsor?

2. elephantjournal says:

Of course! Silly.

3. Its really nice photo.I think its from India for any Asia area.Am i right?

4. Ana Sofia Ferrara says:

Love you two! <3

5. Ana Sofia Ferrara says:

I do have a question / comment. I couldn't help thinking, that this story is mindblowing, real, inspiring, and full of compassion and work. So refreshing. I want to do something too, with my hands and life.
    I do think though, that there are tons of other stories like Maggie's… in each of our cities and countries. Of nuns, of school directors, of social workers who meet abandoned kids, and raped women, and drug addicts, and humans in vulnerable conditions who make their lives all about helping them find or even build them a home, a school, arranging food for them, or psychology support. And I think it is so very important to promote them as well. To recognize these local people. Because they are near and supporting humans just as important as these wonderful kids in Nepal that Maggie supports. And so local heroes and organizations should be at the top of our mind as well, in the cover of NY Times magazine, and blogged about so that we know they exist, and that they need our help. To know we can make a difference and make something with our lives here, near by, helping local heroes.

I don't know what you guys think about that…. This work is amazing. Thanks so much.

6. Gail Mooney says:

Some of the footage that was used in this "episode" was from my film Opening Our Eyes created by my daughter and myself on a 99 day journey around the world shining a spotlight on 9 change makers – all making our world a better place. From a doctor treking through the mountains of Thailand to serve the poor to a food rescuer in Australia to two woman helping the inner city poor of Detroit.
    Our goal in making the film was to inspire and motivate others to create the world we want to live in. http://www.openingoureyesmovie.com
    Please check it out and see what others are doing around the world.

7. mike3211 says:

I really appreciate that kind of work. And Photo will nice. Thanks for sharing such a nice post. keep it up. men hoodies

8. Emma says:

This is truly amazing! Maggie is doing an amazing job connecting with the needy, those who feel left out. However not everyone has a heart of gold. On the other hand, i really appreciate brandon too. People like you are the reason that humanity lives!