In a certain way, we are all like smartphones.
We have apps (some we use, some we don’t) that take up memory. We are open to all kinds of energy bombarding us all the time, and that energy affects how well we function.
To get a malfunctioning device working, sometimes a “restart” is enough. Sometimes, though, a “full restore” is what’s needed! Of course, we are infinitely more complex and magical than any smartphone, and eventually the analogy breaks down, but it’s a good place to start.
Below, I would like to introduce a meditation to help you do a “full restore” on yourself and let go of programming, waste, spam, adware, and other impediments in your own body and mind that are causing you stress and getting in the way of you experiencing good health and happiness.
This is a common meditation among intuitives, with some innovations. It doesn’t matter whether you believe in “energy” or not. If you are more “scientifically” minded, you can view this as a fun visualization that can help create endorphins, balance your nervous system, and release stress.
Are you ready? Here goes.
1. Quiet and Safe Setting. Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed. Either lie down on a bed or on a comfortable lounge chair. Make sure your phone is off and that you will not be disturbed by others. Give yourself about 20 to 40 minutes for this meditation.
2. Initial Body Scan. Close your eyes and take some deep breaths. Before we start, get some oxygen to your brain and all the cells of the body. As you breathe in, breathe into all parts of your body, starting from your toes to your belly to your arms, neck, and head. While continuing to breathe, scan your body once again for tension, and breathe into these parts. Do this part for about five minutes.
3. Creating the Tube. Now imagine a circle with a radius of about six feet extending from the center of your body. Imagine that the ground or floor around you now becomes black and then turns into a hole in the ground, and that this hole in the ground extends all the way to the center of the earth. You now have created your Energetic Waste Removal Tube (EWRT).
4. Letting Go of Body Tension. Find a place in your body where you hold most of your tension. For some, this will be in their chest. For others, it might be in their lower back or shoulders. Now breathe into that part of your body and visualize all of that tension going down the tube. Feel it falling into the tube toward the center of the earth. As we all know, the temperature at the center of the earth is a gazillion degrees, so all of your tension melts as soon as it hits the earth’s center. Keep doing this until it feels like you have released all of the tension from that area. There is no time limit here.
Scan your body again. Is there another place that feels tense? Do the process again for this area and then repeat for any other areas.
5. Letting Go of Energy Associated with Your Current Health Issues. If you are dealing with any health issues, do the process for each issue. So for instance, if you are dealing with a digestive issue, feel the toxic energy that is causing your condition leave your body and watch and feel as it goes down into the center of the earth and is vaporized.
6. Letting Go of Relationship Bad Juju. Now, think of all your closest relationships. This could be your spouse, children, parents, friends, a lover, a coworker, your boss, etc. As you bring each person to mind, do you feel difficult feelings? Scan all the different people in your life now. As difficult feelings are triggered, send them down into the tube. Again, let this process take however long it needs to take.
7. Other Areas. Now, do the same process for other areas of your life. Let all the tension and difficult feelings associated with these area go down the tube. Keep in mind, you do not have to go over all the details for every single issue. Trust that the body knows how to release all of the toxic energy associated with each problem. Here are a list of other areas to bring to mind while doing this process:
>>> Your childhood dramas
>>> Your love relationships from the past until now
>>> Any impediments to more love in your life
>>> Any impediments to more financial and career success
>>> Any ancestral family trauma through the ages that you need to release
8. Close the Tube and Bask in the Restore. You can now imagine your waste removal tube closing. After doing this visualization in various areas of your life, how do you feel? You should feel more “clean” and “restored,” like a smartphone that has been completely wiped clean and restored, factory fresh. Keep basking in that feeling, knowing that you can do this again soon. Very importantly, feel the potential for all the good things that can now come into your life. Out with the old and in with the new!
9. Repeat Regularly. Do this meditation on a regular basis. Feel free to email me and tell me about the results!
Author: Ron Elkayam
Editor: Catherine Monkman
Photo: Brian James/Flickr