Have you ever started to visualize, only to end up creating a to-do-list or even falling asleep?
Yeah, me too.
Perhaps like me you know, just know instinctively about how significant visualization is as a tool for creating what you want in your life and in the world.
And then when you visualize your future, what you want to achieve, create, experience, you find most of the time it doesn’t work and you don’t know why.
As a self-proclaimed spiritual geek, I wanted to understand: why visualization is hit and miss and most pretend it doesn’t matter?
With the help and assistance of those willing to share with me and my guidance from spirit, I unpicked 5 of the most common reasons visualization is hit and miss as a spiritual tool!
Visualization in its truest sense as a spiritual tool is a manifesting tool. What has happened like a lot of things it has become a ‘mind’ tool. Thinking time. Thinking when good thoughts is good for you, however it isn’t where your soul lives or operates from. In fact too much thinking acts as a barrier to anything other than more thoughts!
Visualization is something every heart centered and spiritual person will nod at knowing. Though few will admit that they don’t know if they are doing it right or that they don’t get the promised results from visualization. The fear of being seen as ‘not spiritual enough’ often stops people from growing and getting the help they need and it is nonsense. No-one can be less or more spiritual in any case!
I am spilling the beans, lifting the lid on all this here today for you as learning and growth are fun and it’s brilliant to say, I ‘got that’ and now have revolutionized how I visualize!
Let’s start here…whether you believe you can or can’t visualize; I want you to know you are always visualizing and projecting into your future. The challenge has become that this is being done by the mind and emotions. Their version of what could be is often based on what was. Or based on a judgment, condition, story, habit and pattern that gets radiated out by your gut. Fills your aura, becomes your energy signature and invitation and then magnetizes that mental and emotional fait accompli. Whether you like it, want it or would choose it, you are projecting the highs and lows of what is a very changeable aspect of yourself out into the ethers and right on your path of conscious creation.
Makes sense to look at how you can consciously and soulfully visualize so your soul gets a lead here, don’t you think? We are in the Age of Aquarius, a new energy and new era so it is time to make your soulful shift from gut to heart!
Visualization when it works to create the shifts, is really, you creating magic.
Why doesn’t it always work then?
- When you sit to visualize you get distracted. That quiet time of sitting becomes a great time for you to have a ‘conversation with yourself’ and you get distracted in thinking and problem solving. Useful as that feels, it isn’t visualization.
- Do you give ‘time’ to visualization? Or is it a case of I meant to but forgot? It fell off the priority list? Or did it never even make the scheduler? If you don’t commit or just hope you will remember you have already set yourself up to fail.
- No joy. If it feels like a punishment, or ‘hard work’ and all about ‘shoulds, and hopes’ and not about certainty and joy of soulful creation, then your energy has dropped and your soul has stepped out of the game as it doesn’t like those ‘should’ environments. It won’t be pushed around by the emotions and mental must-dos.
- Not far after number 2 comes rhythm. If your approach to visualizing is ad hoc. Do it when you remember or when you have had a particularly wobbly day, then the momentum of energy that could build is missing. Visualization isn’t a fix, and it does require a whole-hearted commitment.
- No imagination. If visualization isn’t bringing you joy (see point 3) you have probably also closed off your imagination. Your imagination also happens to be your gateway to limitless possibilities. If you limit what could be then your guidance; spirit or your soul can’t show you what could be and give you your next steps.
Visualization is something that can be playful along with magical. It‘s your tool to step into your potential of limitless possibilities. Your soul already knows the potential of your plan, so forget what your mind wants and let your soul guide you OK?
If you are mindful of the 5 points above, you will change how you visualize and the outcomes it achieves for you.
Would love for you to add your wisdom in the comments, so go ahead do that and share your AHAs from this article too.
Together we can change our future and the future of the world.