Training your brain to be positive is not so different from training your muscles through different sports. Simple efforts to develop new habits help you rewire the brain for the better. Here are few examples that over a month period can yield incremental results boosting your success and personal happiness:
- Write down daily in your calendar 2 positive actions you completed and one improvement point
- Help everyday someone in your business and social circle. It could be through an act of kindness. If you are going through tough times, helping others will accelerate recovery
- Meditate in nature for 5 minutes every day with some relaxing music
- Exercise for 15 minutes every day
- Write down some of the decisions that you seem to struggle with
- Repeat this every day and after a month go back to your notes and you will be amazed at how much progress you accomplished. You will also realize that most of the roadblocks encountered are self generated.
As you become more active and supportive and empathetic across your community and your business teams you will start experiencing strong returns on your happiness level, problem solving capabilities as well as clearer decision-making authority. Social support and social empathy are the greatest predictors of happiness and high-performance during periods of crisis, economic recessions, and periods of high stress.
The above practices strengthen entrepreneurs’ awareness of the changing reality and how they are responding emotionally to these challenges. These routines allow leaders to shift from assessing challenges as constraints to seeing them as opportunities to finding innovative solutions to reach a higher level of performance.
In a crisis, leaders must continuously adjust, unlearn, and absorb external inputs to better deal with the over 35000 decisions business leaders face daily. The above routine will help leaders reach a high level of integrative awareness eliminating noise in their life, preventing mental burnout, and becoming focused on transformative decision making.
Comments are closed.
Read 2 comments and reply