The world’s largest mindfulness site, voted #1 on Twitter 2x nationally for #green coverage, with a top 10 in Green video series & 5 million readers a month, is…right here in Boulder. Twice as big as Goop, with half the magical thinking. 5 million Facebook fans on 60 pages—that’s 2.5 times more than, say, MSNBC.
We’re presently hiring an editor/social media community manager to work out of our Boulder HQ, just off Pearl on 16th St., as well as an overseas editor/social media community manager.
Elephant Journal is the world’s largest mindful lifestyle website (2x as big as Goop), with 5-25 million readers/month, 5 million-plus Facebook fans on 60 pages (2.5 times more than, say, MSNBC), 550,000 Instagram fans on four accounts, 5 million YouTube views, a popular Facebook Live with founder Waylon Lewis…and we’ve won #1 on Twitter for #green content twice nationally.
We aspire to be a Small Giant—a culture of openness, cooperation, independence, fun, and diligent mission-driven work.
Elephant Journal, an eco-printed magazine turned online journal, is an independent, mission-driven company with a book division, an award-winning video series, an online training academy, and an ethical online market devoted to curating conscious consumerism. Our vision is to be a first-tier independent media source reaching beyond our core, or choir, to all those who didn’t know they give a care about living a mindful life.
Candidates must be curious and caring about living mindfully, hate plastic, would rather bike or walk or bus than drive, want to work (and play) in an inspired (chaotic), entrepreneurial environment in our beautiful, eco downtown Boulder HQ. Must enjoy the fast-paced culture of the web and being part of a productive, high pressure and competitive team.
• Editorial: Boulder or Overseas (anywhere from UK/Africa through Hawaii) Only.
• Video/Podcast Coordination:
Founded in 2002 Elephant Journal is a leading mindful media company based in Boulder, Colorado. Elephant Journal is a small company with a big reach and even bigger aspirations. Currently Elephant Journal reaches 4m+ readers per month, has 5.5m+ followers across the major social channels and is executing an aggressive plan to increase global reach in 2019.
Unlike most digital publishers we do not currently derive the majority of our revenue from advertising which means that we have both a healthy diversification of revenue channels and an abundance of opportunity for advertisers.
The company culture is startup-ish with less existential angst. We encourage eco/mindful living with free yoga, flexible schedules, an RTD Eco Pass, paid vacation and “walking and talking” meetings.
The Sales Enabler role is ideal for someone who has digital media moxxy, lives by the company values and loves the pressure of a being a key player on a smaller team with big vision.
What You’ll Do:
* Prospect, show due diligence, contact, engage, hand-off, high 5, collect bonuses – rinse, wash, repeat.
* Work with sales team to assist clients and execute campaigns.
* Work with Brand Content Editor to gather intel and execute social aspects of campaigns.
* Manage sales leads in CRM and keep all data current.
* Help organize team leads in CRM and maintain CRM Reports & Dashboards for team.
* Be a thought partner with other sales folks who need your smarts.
* Discover untapped opportunities and help design new products.
* Making reports & dashboards, updating sales performance stats, working with creative team on output, newsletter coordination/execution, organizing themed campaigns, setting up in-house giveaways.
* Being on top of all things sales execution with eyes in the back of your head.
* This list will change and we expect you to be excited about that.
* Passion for the mindful life, digital moxxy, creative selling, account management and publishing.
* Super reliable and professional with excellent interpersonal skills. You are a talented communicator, fast learner and love when folks say, “Figure that out and the teach it to the team.”
* Commitment to quality, accuracy, and consistency.
* Disciplined worker with a personal methodology to which you adhere.
* Highly Motivated – you wake up wanting to win, have a plan and execute that plan without any cheerleading required.
* Collaborative mojo – you work well on a team and can pass as well as you can shoot.
– Some evenings and weekend check-ins will be required – mostly just making sure the wheels are on the bus and going round in the sales world.
Skills you need:
Highly proficient operator of a laptop (you need a good one of your own).
Trusty smartphone for Instagram savviness.
Word, Excel, WP publishing, HTML, Salesforce or other CRM, email campaign tools, mastery of Facebook and Instagram and when holograms become the thing – that’s on you.
* Pretty good health insurance.
* Remote work is an option.
* Funky Downtown Boulder office.
* We make the world a better place.
* We are a pretty tight sales machine/posse and we work together as such.
$50K + bonuses
Join & get 2 free reads.
heart articles you love.
It takes 7 seconds to join. Then you can Heart an article, boosting its "Ecosystem" score & helping your favorite author to get paid.