Elephant Journal Privacy – Cookies and Similar Technologies
Elephant Journal may set or read cookies and device identifiers when you use our, websites, apps, advertising services, products, services or technologies (“Services”) or visit a website, app, or service that utilizes our Services. A cookie is a small piece of information that is stored on a computer or device and may contain a device identifier for the purpose of recognizing your browser as you interact with websites.
Device identifiers may be randomly generated or assembled from available system elements such as IP address, browser version, OS type and version, device type and settings, mobile device and advertising identifiers, wireless mobile subscriber ISDN numbers, Wireless UIDH, public switched telephone network information, mobile network information or software data. Cookies, device identifiers, and similar technologies may be used to support Elephant Journal Services, such as applying user preferences, providing more customized experiences, such as personalized content and advertising, and to associate users, devices, and accounts with each other or with those in a similar location, such as in a household.
Elephant Journal’s Practices Regarding Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Access your information when you “sign in” so we can provide you with customized content and experiences, or remember the last page you visited in an Elephant Journal Service.
- Information that Elephant Journal collects related to your activities and interests is maintained by Elephant Journal and is associated with Elephant Journal cookies and similar technologies. You can learn more about Elephant Journal’s data retention and storage practices here.
- Maintain your settings and authenticate your identity while you are logged in using Elephant Journal Services.
- When you log in to your account for Elephant Journal products or Services (“Elephant Journal Account”), a cookie and/or device identifier that links to information about your interests is placed or read on the computer or device you are using. This allows Elephant Journal to associate your interests, activities, preferences, and prior Elephant Journal use if you log in to your Elephant Journal Account on or otherwise use multiple devices. This means that your browsing habits or other activity on your work computer, library computer, or other device, can inform your experience on Elephant Journal when using your home computer or other devices.
- Deliver advertisements and content relevant to your interests.
- Elephant Journal collects and maintains information about your interests based on your use of the Elephant Journal Services, others’ sites, apps, and services within the Elephant Journal Network, as well as other non-Elephant Journal sites, apps, and services that we partner with. Elephant Journal may combine this information with other information that we collect or receive about you.
- Provide analytics and reporting.
- Elephant Journal Analytics, Advertising Insights, is used by Elephant Journal to collect information about visitors to Elephant Journal’s and our customers’ sites, apps, products, brands and services to understand how people use those services and respond to the ads we serve.
- Maintain information in both identifiable and de-identified forms.
- Elephant Journal associates your observed interests and activities with your Elephant Journal Account, and may combine this information with other information we have collected about you.
- Measure effectiveness to improve Elephant Journal’s Services (including by determining which Elephant Journal emails you open and act upon).
- To support security measures, such as requiring re-logging into an Elephant Journal product or service after a certain amount of time has elapsed.
- To assist in identifying possible fraudulent or abusive activities.
Other Companies’ Cookies on Elephant Journal