With thanks for the tip to Kontraband: “Mary Roach reveals some crazy facts about orgasms in humans and in animals. Seriously though who would have thought that when women have orgasms it can give them bad breath after an hour or so? Seriously who studies this stuff?”
Shocking Sex Facts:
1. Cycles of light affect our fertility. “Women used to menstruate during the new moon (when it’s dark at night) and ovulate during a full moon (when it’s light). Now, in a world full of artificial lighting and bright screens, women are not as in tune with the connection between their biology and nature.”
2. Women can get pregnant five to eight days after having sex.
3. Wearing high heels can negatively affect a woman’s orgasm (because the arch in your feet causes your pelvic floor to contract, and therefore your muscles can’t contract further during orgasm).
4. Orgasms can make women more creative, productive and confident.
5. Birth control pills dampen the libido.
6. Sitting in chairs can arouse women (because it presses your pudendal nerves in a certain way).
11. Being well hydrated leads to better orgasms.
12. All woman can achieve orgasm.
And more, from TIME.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 52,330 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,580 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 13,126 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,171 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 5,018 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 4,431 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 249 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,300 shares February’s New Moon in Pisces & Solar Eclipse. 1,959 share