KK Ledford featured on Cover of Yoga Journal.

The Elephant Ecosystem

Views 2.8
Shares 0.0
Hearts 0.0
Comments 10
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
0 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
2.3k

The November cover of Yoga Journal features a beautiful photo of KK Ledford. Find out more about Ms. Ledford on her website, or check out a video of YJ’s behind-the-scenes interview:

The Elephant Ecosystem

Views 2.8
Shares 0.0
Hearts 0.0
Comments 10
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
0 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
2.3k

Read The Best Articles of November
You voted with your hearts, comments, views, and shares.
CLICK TO SEE WHO WON

elephant journal

Elephant Journal is grassroots media. Dedicated to “bringing together those working (and playing) to create enlightened society, we’re about anything that helps us to live a good life that’s also good for others, and our planet. >>>

Founded as a print magazine in 2002, we went national in 2005 and then (because mainstream magazine distribution is wildly inefficient from an eco-responsible point of view) transitioned online in 2009. >>>

Elephant’s been named to 30 top new media lists, and was voted #1 in the US on twitter’s Shorty Awards for #green content…twice. >>>

Get involved:
> Get our curated online magazine, free e-newsletter.
> Follow us on Twitter Fan us on Facebook.
> Write: send article or query.
> Advertise.
> Become an Elephant:

You must be logged in to post a comment. Create an account.

anonymous Nov 12, 2012 10:46am

[…] ahem, “covered” many Yoga Journal covers—whenever one of our favorite yoga teachers appears, like Amy, Kia, Faith, we […]

anonymous Nov 11, 2010 11:08pm

Thank you for all your kind comments and your continued support!

anonymous Nov 7, 2010 5:32pm

KK rocks!!! Embodiment of all things magical and grounded and down to earth. Truly an inspiration!

anonymous Nov 6, 2010 10:44pm

took a class from KK at yoga tree in SF last week. then, at the airport, saw the YJ cover and was like "hey, that was my teacher this morning!" it was neat to support her style and refreshing individuality.

anonymous Nov 6, 2010 6:48pm

We love you KK – keep being your awesome self. 🙂

anonymous Nov 6, 2010 6:10pm

opened my new YJ with pleasure. I don't know her in person but it was SO nice to see someone covered that I *could* know in person. She is beautiful, grace-FULL and lovely. Love, love, love it.

anonymous Nov 5, 2010 2:56pm

Its an extraordinary blessing to have such a talented, creative, funny, dedicated, and committed group of students! Some of you I see every day, or several times a week, and some of you live outside of the Bay Area, but there's a reason I call you the Kosmic Kula! You keep the conversation going! Your bright minds and open hearts and strong adhikara make it possible for me to teach from a place of integrity and authenticity. And witnessing and participating in your continued deepening, refinement, and transformation is an incredible delight. You rock, Kosmic Kula! XO

anonymous Nov 5, 2010 1:32pm

Gorgeous cover!!!! It even manages to capture a smidgen of KK's incredible light! I am so grateful for KK's inspirational way of teaching. She is so balanced in that she is very real, true to herself and to her students, serious about the practice and incredibly playful and funny. I am constantly reminded of why I practice yoga as I learn more and more from her! So happy that elephant journal is sharing the love!

anonymous Nov 5, 2010 2:15pm

Leila, thank you for your sweet and awesome comment!

anonymous Nov 5, 2010 1:05pm

Thank you Heather!

anonymous Nov 5, 2010 12:03pm

I love this cover! So much shakti, so much beauty! KK is an incredible and feircely devoted teacher. If you have the opportunity to check out one of her classes or workshops, do not hesitate, you will be happy you went! Thanks to elephant journal for supporting this radiant woman.

anonymous Nov 5, 2010 1:07pm

Thanks feisty! And thank you for the sparkling recommendation!

anonymous Nov 5, 2010 6:31pm

It is hard to put into words why you are such a great teacher…the places you lead people to in their bodies and hearts is extraordinary and hard to define in mere English. Just go and experience, I say!!!

anonymous Nov 5, 2010 9:09am

gorgeous photo of a gorgeous person!!!!

anonymous Nov 5, 2010 12:12am

Beautiful KK! Full of shakti fire and grace! I've never laughed so much in a yoga class or had the "happiest hips" than in the presence of KK. A truly delightful and joyous experience 🙂 xoxo

anonymous Nov 5, 2010 12:02am

Beautiful inspirational goddess!!! We're so lucky to have you here in the Bay Area!! : ) xo

anonymous Nov 4, 2010 10:09pm

It’s exciting to see this dedicated practitioner and teacher on the YJ cover. Looking forward to when she contributes some of her eloquent writings on Elephantjournal.

anonymous Nov 4, 2010 10:08pm

KK is quirky, goofy & tons of fun – but is also a serious, dedicated teacher for serious, dedicated students. She inspires fierce devotion in her students' practices and lives, and weaves in a wealth of knowledge of other modalities – astrology, pagan traditions, herbs – to her classes. Plus she plays the best music EVER.

anonymous Nov 4, 2010 8:50pm

Stunning cover. What a sparkling inspiration!

anonymous Nov 4, 2010 7:19pm

Woot! KK sparkles with intelligent alignment, wit, toughness, and, of course, that wild moon wisdom. Her yogic, spiritual, and astrological adjustments are such a gift! So grateful to have her as my teacher 🙂

anonymous Nov 4, 2010 7:53pm

I love this, Michael. Thank you. I'm so grateful to have such an extraordinary Kosmic Kula!

anonymous Nov 4, 2010 7:12pm

KK is such a wonderful teacher, her brilliance is, well, brilliant!

anonymous Nov 4, 2010 6:54pm

KK is so wonderful! The best combination of quirkiness, inspiration, ebullience, and awesome!

anonymous Nov 4, 2010 7:18pm

I love this description! Thank you.

anonymous Nov 4, 2010 6:36pm

so proud of my amazin teacher. cant wait for more covers to come…. LOVE YOU KK!!
xoxo

anonymous Nov 4, 2010 5:29pm

Yay KK! Your cover is so beautiful!!!

anonymous Nov 4, 2010 4:39pm

KK is awesome. I've taken many classes from her over the years and she is truly inspirational!

anonymous Nov 4, 2010 4:05pm

Isn't it great! That's my teacher!

anonymous Nov 4, 2010 7:15pm

It is SO great! Hooray for the Kosmic Kula!

anonymous Nov 4, 2010 3:22pm

This is such a beautiful cover!!! KK is such a wonderful teacher, too.