One of the best ways to stay warm in the cold, wintery season is to munch on food that we love. Our bodies naturally go into a hibernation mode that can make you feel like eating more then your usual amount. This can result in not feeling as fit and skinny as you were a few weeks back.
Here are some warm, comforting, and healthy ways to cook and eat food… and also keep your kitchen warm and cozy.
1. Chicken Soup. Veggie? Replace with dumplings. Add seasonal veggies like sweet potatoes and carrots. Both are filled with vitamins and nutrients.
2. Roasted Almonds for a fun snack to munch on when you just want to eat. Add a little cinnamon and honey for the sweet and spicy tooth.
3. Sweet Potato Fries. Cut a sweet potato in sections and bake in the oven. This will keep your kitchen warm and cozy and provide a heathy alternative to greasy french fries.
4. Warm Apple Sauce. Put a whole apple in the oven, and then mash it up when it is soft. Add raisons and nuts, and you have a homemade apple sauce.
5. Oat Meal. A great way to start the morning. Put in some fresh fruit and you are on your way.
All healthy ways to satisfy that monster in your stomach, and keep you a little warmer.
Alex Hanifin is a Boulder local. She climbs rocks to get off the ground. She bakes to enjoy herself. And her work comes along with it all.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 65,598 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,768 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 14,250 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,576 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 10,790 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 5,262 shares We can’t Break Up with a Soulmate. 2,031 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 249 shares This Venus Retrograde could bring you a Fated Love. 829 shares