Welcome friends, please check that your smart-phone is turned ON for meditation practice.
Check out these free meditation and mindfulness apps to aid your practices.
Zazen Lite -Zen Meditation Timer & Mindfulness Bell By Nathan Hangen
- This app has a meditation timer you can set to any amount at 5 minute intervals. There are two “sound” choices, both decently pleasant. Also included is a mindfulness bell that can be set to intervals of up to 1 hour, or to play at specific times. Quite user friendly!
Insight Timer Lite – Meditation Timer By Spotlight Six Software
- My personal favorite timer has by far (IMO) the best sound (kangse or woodblock tones). Again, user friendly with options to set practice intervals.
myMeditation Lite By BLT Helps
- The free version of this app is fairly restricted. The time intervals are limited to 3, 11, or 33 minutes. This app offers a different layout for a meditation session, including a time interval for pranayama.
Daily Zen Enlightenment By FS Digital
- Quick! Inspiring Buddhist quotes are a touch-pad away with this free app offering a daily quote and access to “past” and “random” Buddhist passages. Ads at the top.
The Five-Minute Christian Meditation By White Buffalo Solutions
- This little app presents short meditation instructions and 4 Biblical based outlines to follow. The website offers more meditation categories to encourage your practice and prayer.
WCCM App By Adriano Massi
- An extensive offering from the World Community for Christian Meditation, this app features news and events, weekly readings and writings from Laurence Freeman and inspiration from John Main, Thomas Merton, and others.
InsightLA By MarketingProfs, LLC
- A generous offering from California based meditation center, InsightLA. This app features a super user-friendly timer, as well as news and events from the center, and a collection of meditation and mindfulness focused audio, including Dharma talks.
Wisdom Quotes By Matias Lanzi
- Another quote quick fix app! Good collection, easy and pleasant interface. “What you seek is seeking you.” -Rumi
SotoTimer By Erwin van Hunen
- Another timer with a few different options. Various sessions can be defined, and there is a vibration alternative to sound. I found this one a little confusing, but may be applicable to someone’s practice.
Have another spiritually related app that you like? Share below in the comments!
Elephant Spirituality is an example of Elephant Journal’s commitment to the Mindful Life. We look to provide a fresh and practical perspective on traditional spirituality. If you would like to follow Elephant Spirituality on FaceBook click here and become a fan of Elephant Spirituality by clicking the “Like” tab at the top of the page.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 48,070 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,580 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 13,126 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,171 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 4,908 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 3,674 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 249 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,300 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 123 shares