With fall comes a variety of nourishing hearty fruits and vegetables including the great pumpkin. This is the best time to find fresh pumpkin so take advantage of it! Fresh fruits and vegetables will always provide you with the most nutrients and natural enzymes that the body can use more readily. Pumpkin and its seeds provide many important nutrients, on top of loads of fun for family and friends.
Dr. Helen Lee of Chicago Healers offers the following nutritional benefits of pumpkin and its seeds.
Nutritional Benefits of Pumpkins:
1. Vitamins: Pumpkin and its seeds contain nutrients such as vitamin C, E, iron, zinc, magnesium, potassium, both beta & alpha carotenoids (anti-oxidants which help prevent cell damage), and lutein (support healthy eyes).
3. Sickness Prevention: Helps with minimizing osteoporosis, increases digestive health by helping with parasites & tapeworms, and lowering cholesterol.
4. Protein: Pumpkin seeds are high in protein.
5. Detoxification: Pumpkin seeds help the body get rid of parasites and other unwelcomed digestive inhabitants, and they contain healthy essential fatty acid oils.
6. Nutrients & Enzymes: Organic, raw pumpkin seeds will provide you with the most essential nutrients and enzymes.
Enjoy the new season with a new way to get healthy!
Dr. Helen Lee is a holistic chiropractor who focuses on increasing balance of the mind, body & spirit. She’s founded Touch of Life Chiropractic in Hoffman Estates, IL and has been in practice for 12 year. Her passion is to empower each person with the knowledge, tools and choices which will create optimal expression of health. Dr. Lee understands that the practice of a holistic lifestyle is essential for not only adults but also children of all ages. Touch Of Life Chiropractic offers an individualized combination of chiropractic, acupuncture, mind-body balancing, nutrition, and therapeutic massage to enhance your expression of health. TLC’s vision is to create change by empowering & educating one person & one family at a time.
Chicago Healers is the nation’s pioneer prescreened integrative health care network, offering a comprehensive understanding of each practitioner’s services, approach, and philosophy. Our holistic health experts teach and advocate natural and empowered health and life choices through their practices, the media, educational events, and our website. With close to 200 practitioners and over 300 treatment services, Chicago Healers has provided nearly 400 free educational events for Chicagoans and has been featured in 300+ TV news programs and print publications. For more: chicagohealers.com.