The Fearless Campaign, an initiative of Polis for Congress, is hiring.
The Fearless Campaign’s goal is to change Congress from the inside out, by empowering our political leaders with the moral courage it takes to vote fearlessly on the politically charged issues of today.
The goal of the position is to increase the online activities, and to sustain a robust campaign. Success will be measured by list growth and advocacy actions taken. This position will manage day-to-day campaign by maintaining / creating content and daily engagement of social media networks. The online campaign coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director/ Campaign Manager.
Overview of position responsibilities:
The job’s primary responsibilities are as follows, but tasks may vary from day to day.
– Produce written content for main site, landing pages, and blog posts
– Produce visual and written content for email campaigns, social media feeds such as twitter, facebook, and youtube
– In conjunction with the executive director, conceive social networking strategies; online ad campaigns; and email campaigns strategies.
– Evaluate and analyze metrics.
– Build relationships and coalitions with like minded organizations
– Serve as the main liaison to coalition partners to maintain coalition relationships
– Assist the finance director, develop and execute plans for sustained growth and small online donor fundraising.
– General campaign support
– Strong writing skills
– Experience in political online organizing is preferred
– Experience using available online organizing tools such as blue state digital’s tool kit and/ or Salsa’s tool kit is preferred
– Competency with both Google (Gmail, docs, spreadsheets) and/or Microsoft (Word, Excel) tools.
– – Competency in basic graphic design and Photoshop preferred
– Knowledge about the existing online communities that exists around our six issue areas and national progressive online communities is preferred
– Good time management skills, detail oriented
– Ability to work quickly under deadlines and manage several projects at one time
– Can work long hours and weekends when needed
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes health care.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected]