It is easy to establish a rhythm in the familiar environment. You can control your schedule, sleep, meals and fitness activities. It creates a routine. Even going to a place you really like can put a toll on the system. You can try these strategies to adjust and enjoy the journey.
- Check your tickets and identification.
- You can print your boarding pass 24 hours prior to the trip.
- Pack an organized carry-on. If you can, try not to check in your bag. It is very easy to over-pack only to end wearing the same clothing over and over.
- Check the information about the liquid rules for carry-ons.
- Check the prohibited items.
- Bring some snacks: your favorite fruit, nuts, a few bars. The food in the airport is rarely healthy.
- Don’t forget a few good books and tunes.
If in doubt, leave it out…
- Unpack your bags right after arrival. A messy room can add to your discombobulating phase.
- If you like candles, use a scented one with lavender to refresh your senses.
- Yoga comes extremely handy on the road. Try a few easy lunges, arms Vinyasa to release the shoulders, downward dog on the wall, cakravakasana – cat to child pose and apanasana – knees to chest.
- If you have a regular practice, try it, but don’t force your body.
- You may have no space or energy for a yoga asana practice, but you can always practice Pranayama. Start by closing your eyes and focusing on your breathing, slowly deepening the breaths and making inhalations and exhalations smooth and even. Try inhaling and exhaling on the count of 3 or 4 for twelve times.
- Meditate. Simple focusing on your breath, a heartbeat or a candle light for a few minutes will ease your tension.
And finally, let it all go. It’s easy to over-schedule the trip and craft a dream of perfection.
Remember, you’re on vacation! Slow down, chill out and have a good time.
hot on elephant
My favorite “mindful” eco last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts for lazy lovers. 0 shares A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 2,115 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 4,488 shares How Each Zodiac Sign Prefers to Celebrate Valentine’s Day. 10 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 5,408 shares The 4 Requirements for a Twin Flame Relationship to Work. 1,136 share What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 224 shares The Most Powerful Performance at the Grammys was (Surprisingly) Not Beyonce’s. 1,398 share Jyotish Sidereal Horoscopes for Saturn in Sagittarius 2017. 3 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 40 shares