A few tips for all you single gals who need help catching a man…
Some vintage advice from Sad and Useless (Click over to see the rest) via Reddit:
1. Do your dressing in your boudoir to keep your allure.
3. Don’t sit in awkward positions–and never look bored, even if you are.
4. Don’t talk while dancing, for when a man dances he wants to dance.
6. Don’t use the car mirror to fix your makeup.
7. Don’t be familiar with your escort by caressing him in public.
8. Don’t be sentimental or try to get him to say something he doesn’t want to by working on his emotions.
9. Don’t be familiar with the head waiter…Men deserve your entire attention.
10. Please and flatter your date by talking about the things he wants to talk about.
11. Don’t drink too much, as a man expects you to keep your dignity all evening.
12. Don’t be conspicuous talking to other men. The last straw is to pass out from too much liquor. Chances are your date will never call you again!
Drinking too much is a bad idea. It’s good to pay attention to your date.
But my “modern” advice?
Laugh too hard.
Be the last one to let go from a hug.
Listen deeply instead of waiting for your turn to talk.
Break The Rules.
Don’t be physically naked if you’re scared to be emotionally naked.
Care less about how you look, and care more about how the other person feels.
And most of all…and said so often it’s become cliche and white noise, but I’m going to say it anyway:
Be yourself. If you pretend to be someone else, you’ll end up with someone who belongs with…someone else.
It’s not about catching or being caught. It’s not about putting your best foot forward. With friends and lovers and everyone in between: give your honest self in the most loving way you can.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 110 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 41,304 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,514 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,846 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 3,980 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 4,800 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 245 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,300 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 2,333 shares A Cure for our Single Status. 644 shares