pistachio mint falafel balls
Monday evening I had a lovely lady guest over for a girls evening which was reason enough for me to cook! I’ll admit, sometimes I tend to go slightly overboard when having house guests to cook for as most evenings I generally fend for myself. Preparing healthy and delicious meals for one is fine, but when I get to share them with others, my excitement tends to get the best of me and I turn into a vegan version of Betty Crocker.
This time around, our menu consisted of pistachio mint falafel balls over a salad of mixed greens and kale with avocado and carrots and topped with a lemon, cashew dressing. I also served a side of coconut-chili-lime cauliflower rice (that recipe is in my queue).
Hey y’all mowing down those Fiber One bars…I’ve got a better idea!
- 1 cup pistachios (shelled, I also used roasted and salted)
- 1/4 cup almonds (raw)
- 2 cups garbanzo beans
- 8 – 10 fresh springs of mint
- 3/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 scallions
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
lemon cashew dressing:
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all the falafel ingredients in a food processor until ingredients stick together loosely (you’re looking for a rough consistency)
- Make around 28-20 falafel balls with your hands and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the balls every 5 minutes to get an even golden brown color.
- Blend the lemon cashew dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender until creamy and smooth. Add more water to get desired consistency.
- Place falafel balls on top of a salad, our use large lettuce leafs to create a wrap. Top with lemon cashew dressing and your favorite fixin’s!
Read 0 comments and reply