pistachio mint falafel balls
Monday evening I had a lovely lady guest over for a girls evening which was reason enough for me to cook! I’ll admit, sometimes I tend to go slightly overboard when having house guests to cook for as most evenings I generally fend for myself. Preparing healthy and delicious meals for one is fine, but when I get to share them with others, my excitement tends to get the best of me and I turn into a vegan version of Betty Crocker.
This time around, our menu consisted of pistachio mint falafel balls over a salad of mixed greens and kale with avocado and carrots and topped with a lemon, cashew dressing. I also served a side of coconut-chili-lime cauliflower rice (that recipe is in my queue).
Hey y’all mowing down those Fiber One bars…I’ve got a better idea!
- 1 cup pistachios (shelled, I also used roasted and salted)
- 1/4 cup almonds (raw)
- 2 cups garbanzo beans
- 8 – 10 fresh springs of mint
- 3/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 scallions
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
lemon cashew dressing:
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all the falafel ingredients in a food processor until ingredients stick together loosely (you’re looking for a rough consistency)
- Make around 28-20 falafel balls with your hands and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the balls every 5 minutes to get an even golden brown color.
- Blend the lemon cashew dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender until creamy and smooth. Add more water to get desired consistency.
- Place falafel balls on top of a salad, our use large lettuce leafs to create a wrap. Top with lemon cashew dressing and your favorite fixin’s!
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 2,287 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 9,780 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,298 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 18,742 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 3,043 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 210 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 3,596 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,137 shares A Cure for our Single Status. 514 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 91 shares