Since Martin Luther King Jr. was about dreams, this is a list of who I’d really like to see in yoga class this year. I hope the Universe is listening:
• Tim Tebow. We’ll do Anjanasana together (the kneeling pose). I might have to adjust your hips a little bit. Right?
• George Clooney. Class will be canceled if he shows up. Booooyah!
• Erma Bombeck. It’s a long shot, but hey, I’m a dreamer.
• Jane Fonda. Love her. She is showing all of us the way after 50, or 60 or 70.
• Oprah. She will probably dig my theme because it may have come from her.
• A teenager, any teenager but especially a really tight, self-conscious one will do.
• My mom. She needs it. Same with my dad. And my husband.
• And everyone who did shit to me. I can treat you nicely. It will freaking kill you.
• Buddha. Another long shot, but I’d like to help him with Child’s Pose.
• B.K.S. Iyengar. I will humbly kneel at your feet, sir.
• Vanda Scaravelli, my original inspiration. The most beautiful yogi even at 92.
• Julia Childs, who did what she loved and turned it into a gift to the world. And after class we’ll have dinner, which I’m pretty sure I won’t have to make.
Michelle Berman Marchildon is an award-winning journalist, a former corporate executive and a survivor of 50+ years of life. She’s the author of “Finding More on the Mat: How I Grew Better, Wiser and Stronger through Yoga.” She teaches Anusara-Inspired and Power Yoga in Denver, Colorado. Here you can find her blog.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 78,598 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 11,054 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 14,938 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,693 shares We can’t Break Up with a Soulmate. 3,079 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 12,698 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 5,284 shares This Venus Retrograde could bring you a Fated Love. 1,077 share This is what Happened when I Started taking French Baths. 1,586 share