Acroyoga = Beauty.

Views 10
Shares 10
Hearts 1.0
Comments 10
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
1 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
37.3k

Beautiful, Sexy, Intimate, Powerful, Fast: Acroyoga.

More videos.

The best video I’ve ever seen on the subject…and I’ve seen a bunch. The bar’s been raised, what other videos out there do you love? Leave the link in comments, I’ll add it in here.

acro yoga with chelsey korus and matt giordano.

matt’s website: http://theyogimatt.com

The Elephant Ecosystem

Views 10
Shares 10
Hearts 1.0
Comments 10
Editor's Pick 0.0
Total Ecosystem Rating 0.0
1 Do you love this article? Show the author your support by hearting.
37.3k

Read The Best Articles of December
You voted with your hearts, comments, views, and shares.
CLICK TO SEE WHO WON

Waylon Lewis

Waylon Lewis, founder of Elephant Journal & host of Walk the Talk Show with Waylon Lewis, is a 1st generation American Buddhist “Dharma Brat.” Voted #1 in U.S. on twitter for #green two years running, Changemaker & Eco Ambassador by Treehugger, Green Hero by Discovery’s Planet Green, Best (!) Shameless Self-Promoter at Westword’s Web Awards, Prominent Buddhist by Shambhala Sun, & 100 Most Influential People in Health & Fitness 2011 by “Greatist”, Waylon is a mediocre climber, lazy yogi, 365-day bicycle commuter & best friend to Redford (his rescue hound). His aim: to bring the good news re: “the mindful life” beyond the choir & to all those who didn’t know they gave a care. elephantjournal.com | His first book, Things I would like to do with You, touches on modern relationships from a Buddhist point of view. His dream of 9 years, the Elephant “Ecosystem” will find a way to pay 1,000s of writers a month, helping reverse the tide of low-quality, unpaid writing & reading for free online.

You must be logged in to post a comment. Create an account.

anonymous Jul 15, 2015 8:55pm

No, no, no.. This is not yoga. It is simply an acrobatic act. Lovely though it is, still not yoga.

anonymous Nov 2, 2014 12:16am

This video almost brings me to tears it's so beautiful and awe inspiring http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xECiTdgy9nE

anonymous Jul 15, 2015 10:12pm

holy gods that was incredible… thank you for sharing it. They're so beautiful… <3

anonymous Sep 13, 2014 3:09am

I want to learn how to do this so badly!! That was lovely inspiration. Thanks, Way 😉

anonymous May 18, 2014 2:20pm

And?? Switch off the sound, switch on your brain and watch it again – then ask yourself a sincere question. Why? What do they do it for? And why all these "OMG" comments below? What do these juggling bodies mean at all? They show nothing but the insatiable desire to entertain others and each other first of all. Just think of it. So much time, effort, energy – in vain.
Probably monkeys had the same activity a couple million years ago when they had no brain to do something else. Sure, we're also still evolving… 😉

anonymous Apr 14, 2014 9:35am

Very moving…….

anonymous Dec 19, 2013 5:47pm

I think this one is the best..Editing and music also make it super sensual. helps also that it's an actual couple http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL4kfGpa5E8

anonymous Dec 19, 2013 4:31pm

Pretty much anything done by Chelsey and Jason Magness, Lux Sterstein, and Yogaslackers is amazing. Their Acrogasm tours give unbelievably beautiful flows.

anonymous Nov 30, 2013 8:22pm

http://youtu.be/gQI-9Wo7RNM I thought these guys were pretty amazing as well

anonymous Jul 20, 2013 10:34pm

If you're in L.A., lots of acroyoga on the acro green (Old Muscle Beach in Santa Monica, just south of the Santa Monica pier). Sunday afternoons are best for catching the action.

anonymous Jan 20, 2013 3:08pm

[…] slept in today, since I was planning on going to a friend’s acroyoga class this […]

anonymous Apr 26, 2012 2:41pm

[…] remind each other, partner to partner, that we are not new anymore. This is hard, but it is also beautiful. We will wear our stories on our ruined bodies and those stories are who we are. They are poems, […]

anonymous Feb 29, 2012 1:50am

Many interesting comments here, i write from Italy where i'm teaching AcroYoga since 2 years, people love it and expecially they love to bring the Yogic attitude in something that for most of them was not even in theyr mind before: acrobatics and massage in the same pot!
Many people thanks to this practice find out that they can do things they never thought was possible for them and become like childs again! that's enough to say that acroyoga is something good and thanks o the people who are bringing this to others 😉

anonymous Feb 22, 2012 6:16pm

I agree with you whole heartily Old Timer. I like what Eugene Poku & Jessie Goldberg of AcroYoga Montreal say on their website about their contribution to AcroYoga
" Our form of AcroYoga has morphed organically out of our dance. We didn’t create anything new all we did was put our personal expression on movement forms that already existed and remembered sequences that have been in the universe since the beginning of time. To claim ownership of an organic process is against everything we stand for.”

anonymous Feb 22, 2012 12:33am

I have no problem asking the question "What is yoga?" so long as the answer isn't "Anything that feels good and we want to stick the label onto."

Look, I find acroyoga as I've seen it in the videos stunningly beautiful to watch. I have nothing against it. And my pointing out that a new name is unnecessary (since its already got a name in 'acrobatics' etc yadda yadda) may just be me being an old fart.

But what you beautifully describe above about connection, awareness, focus, etc., also already has a name — "Mindfulness." Someone can do gardening mindfully with their children and have a connection. You can ride bikes mindfully with your life partner and get the same. You can join a group of volunteers and clean up an abandoned lot and… the same. I just don't feel enlivened by this need to re-invent wheels, throw in a few twists so you can trademark something that's a long-standing human endeavor, and then call it something new. I just feel that is a trend that is wearing thin and makes it hard for me to take this "latest yoga thing" too seriously.

But again, me = old fart. So take what I say for what it's worth.

anonymous Feb 21, 2012 8:00pm

yes this is Acrobatics and you are correct it is nothing new, its just becoming popular again. AcroYoga is actually a style of yoga that uses the three lineages of Acrobatics, Yoga, and Thai Massage to teach trust, compassion, kindness, and focus…amongst many other aspects. I wouldnt consider AcroYoga to be Hatha Yoga, even though it uses Asana with in the teachings. But I would say it is Yoga in the same way that Karma Yoga, and bhakti Yoga are forms of yoga that dont necessarily incorporate asana (poses). The Question we all should be asking these days is WHAT IS YOGA?

To me Yoga is as the Patanjali states in the Yoga Sutras "The Science of the Mind". So long as you are studying your reactions, impulses, triggers, patterns, and all the beauty that rests in your heart, then I dont think it matters what you do in terms of creating a practice around that.

All that said…what you see in this video is two yogi's practicing connection, awareness, focus, breath, within the physical confines and structure of Acrobatics.

let me know your thoughts!

anonymous Sep 28, 2013 12:59am

yes yes yes! you practice many things, it feels wonderful, it's fun. At the same time is no big deal, a huge learning opportunity with powerful effects.

anonymous Feb 21, 2012 6:48pm

that is the bomb shit!!!!

anonymous Feb 21, 2012 11:00am

Looks lovely and a lot of fun, but…. am I the only one old enough to know this is just plain old acrobatics?

People used to do this in theaters, circuses, on the beaches and at fairs when I was a kid.

It' really great, but it's got nothing to do with yoga at all, except for marketing. You stick the word 'yoga' on it and it sells nowadays.

anonymous Feb 20, 2012 2:25pm

Currently quite like this… http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=cWIhXzZT8dE&amp;… not so convinced by the content – the whole "attraction" theme is a bit hackneyed – but the technique is very good, there's some genuinely inventive tricks, and the angle is always chosen to show enough of the trick to see how it's done when you try to recreate it.

anonymous Feb 20, 2012 6:49am

Acro yoga as dance. Simply beautiful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQI-9Wo7RNM

anonymous Sep 28, 2013 8:20am

my absolute favorite. this is what inspired me to being my acroyoga journey <3

anonymous Feb 19, 2012 8:33pm

This is my ALL TIME FAV! THERE ARE SO MANY AND SUCH GREAT AND INSPIRING PEOPLE!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMYQA8WdTBk&fe

anonymous Feb 19, 2012 11:14pm

After watching that, I feel that all is wholesome and happy and right with the world again! It's like a Hippie Fantasy, only real!

anonymous Feb 20, 2012 12:36am

nicole thank u for posting nina and boris they have an incredible connection and it was fun,palpable and plain epic awesome

anonymous Feb 20, 2012 8:35am

honestly they're personalities are as sweet as this video. They are forever smiling, and sharing the love. Nina and Boris; as generous as they come, they will share their practice, their humor, their home, and anything else that they have to offer. thanks for posting Nicole!

anonymous Feb 19, 2012 2:48pm

Here is a video for AcroYoga Montreal that is my favorite http://youtu.be/m53Za6pNWfA

anonymous Feb 19, 2012 3:51pm

I love this one as I like to be able to see the whole move I find the close ups distract/confuse me on the process. Both videos are of incredible athletes.

anonymous Feb 19, 2012 11:15pm

Love that.

anonymous Feb 19, 2012 1:16pm

Fun! Acro yoga is super fun, respectful play. Thanks for the video!

anonymous Feb 19, 2012 10:36am

All I can say is: YOWZA.

Posting to Elephant Yoga on Facebook and Twitter.

Tanya Lee Markul, Yoga Editor
Like Elephant Yoga on Facebook

anonymous Feb 19, 2012 10:14am

If I had a yoga dude in my life, I would so get working on this.

anonymous Feb 19, 2012 11:02am

No relationship necessary, you can study acroyoga all over!

anonymous Sep 28, 2013 12:52am

oh but it's helping my relationship quite a bit 🙂

anonymous Feb 19, 2012 7:43am

thank you for the feature, and the kind words Waylon, we greatly appreciate it.

Kate Bartolotta Feb 18, 2012 11:11pm

Wowwww. It's like a sexier, more intimate Cirque de Soleil Love it.

anonymous Feb 18, 2012 10:43pm

Tammy Binkley Here is my favorite, I think it is the BEST! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC3jEA8s7fA

anonymous Feb 19, 2012 10:58am

is that the same people as above?

anonymous Feb 19, 2012 8:22pm

no, this is Jenny and Jason, Acro Yoga Founders

anonymous Feb 18, 2012 10:11pm

I love the playful sensuality of this. Just astonishing and delightful.

anonymous Feb 18, 2012 10:04pm

Yah … pretty. Far from the yoga I enjoy and do, and lovely nonetheless.