Favourite Attenborough Moments is the name of a TV poll conducted in 2006 by the UKTV Documentary channel in honor of his 50-year career in broadcasting.
Sir David Attenborough has been the voice and host of many natural history programmes, the most widely known, BBC’s The Life Collection—a comprehensive view of all life on the planet from 1979 to 2005, and in my opinion, a collection of the most inspiring, educational and moving series about animals and nature that I have ever laid my eyes on.
Here are the Top Five results of the poll:
1. The lyre bird (I almost thought this bird was going to mimick Attenborough’s British accent).
2. A close encounter with a silverback gorilla.
3. Attenborough watches a blue whale surface alongside his boat.
4. Attenborough’s description of the demise of Easter Island‘s Rapa Nui civilisation.
5. Chimpanzees using tools to crack nuts.
6. And, one of my favorites – David saying ‘boo’ to a sloth.
What is your favourite Attenborough moment?
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 110 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 44,726 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,514 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 12,884 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,099 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 4,908 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 245 shares Not sure I thought I’d ever say this, but Ashton Kutcher is about to inspire you to tears. 2,300 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 2,747 shares How we can go to Heaven without Dragging Others with Us. 123 shares