Sorry everyone, but I needed to do a little rant that will hopefully help you currently and in the future.
I am completely sick of “diet” books (although I agree with some of them) and thought you should know why.
I’m going to help you get healthy (lose weight, get energy) and save a lot of money right now. If you have ever bought a diet book, or five or more like most people, you might actually be starting to notice a pattern. Almost all diet book are the same!
Here is a quick summary from 99 percent of diet books so you never have to purchase a book again:
1. Avoid: Sugar, fructose, late night eating, stress, mindless eating, eating while standing/driving/distracted, wheat (although I don’t agree unless you have a sensitivity), processed foods, foods with ingredients you can’t pronounce, not getting enough exercise, NSAIDS (Advil, Tylenol), taking supplements you don’t need.
2. Do: Eat foods that come from nature (whole) and have one to four ingredients, Unless it is a vegan book they will tell you to eat: lean meats and fish, nuts and seeds, fruits and vegetables, whole grains (Duh!), follow your food sensitivity test (in a lot of books now and on Dr. Oz, not just my opinion), take supplements that match your blood panel, take general supplements that work for 99 percent of people (probiotics, fish oil and vitamin D), exercise!
3. Mistakes: purchasing supplements that a diet book tells you to without getting your blood panel checked to see if you actually need it. This can lead to problems with medications you are already on and lead to over dosing (it is possible to overdose on supplements).
4. Mistakes: Eating too few calories, restricting on a “cleanse” and cleansing in general. All of these ideas are ways to lose weight temporarily and gain it all back, plus more when you stop the diet. The right way to “cleanse” is to follow your food sensitivity plan or do a general cleanse that includes amino acids (protein) so your liver can move through the two detoxing stages.
5. Mistakes: Thinking you know what you are doing. I have learned so much in the past five years, and information changes constantly. With all the books, movies, infomercials, I am not surprised people are actually getting sicker and gaining weight.
6. Final Info: Do what feels right for your body, mind, and spirit. If you think it’s bad for you, it probably is.
Jennifer Tingstad has been practicing Holistic Health since 2005 when she was diagnosed with a “chronic dis-ease.” After going back to school and learning how to heal through nutrition she is back with a vengeance, a vengeance to help others get healthy. She is dedicated to her private practice, Prajna Nutrition (www.liveprajna.com), her dogs and a healthy lifestyle. She encourages readers to contact with questions anytime!
Editor: Kate Bartolotta
Like elephant health and wellness on Facebook.
hot on elephant
A letter to the Anger that refuses to Leave Me. 120 shares The Most Powerful Moon of the Year: New Moon & Solar Eclipse in Pisces. 67,398 shares A Relationship will only be as Good as the Sex. 10,768 shares Welcome to Pisces Season: A Love there is no Coming Back From. 14,366 shares How Women ruin Good Men. 4,621 shares If You Love an Intuitive, Old-Soul Pisces, Read This. 12,022 shares If You have to “Think About It,” then I’m Not the One for You. 5,262 shares We can’t Break Up with a Soulmate. 2,317 shares This Venus Retrograde could bring you a Fated Love. 919 shares What Rumi had to Say about Unhappy Love. 249 shares