Warning: naughty language ahead.
There are many universally known truths about life.
One is that life isn’t fair; another is that you don’t want to sit downwind of your lactose intolerant friend after she just ate cheese—and here are a few more:
1. No one trusts a gossip.
2. Numbers on the scale only mean so much.
3. It’s unnecessary to wash your hair every day.
4. But it’s okay if you do.
5. Facebook friends who constantly share workout advice in the vein of P90X and how many squats they did before breakfast are annoying.
6. If you’re still talking about it, then you haven’t “let it go.”
7. Women like sex too.
8. Lying only works for so long.
9. Everyone needs help.
10. Money really doesn’t buy happiness.
11. But having enough doesn’t hurt either.
12. Laughing makes you feel better.
13. Vagina isn’t a bad word.
14. Asshole is.
15. Great love takes work.
16. We all have time to exercise.
17. Perfection isn’t attractive—your wonderful, little quirks are.
19. Thoughts become words and actions, so hone your thoughts into the words and actions that you want to live.
20. Live each day like it’s your first, not your last.
“Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away.” ~ Elvis Presley
Love elephant and want to go steady?
Editor: Catherine Monkman
Photo: elephant journal archives