“When you are going through hell, keep on going. Never never never give up.” – Winston Churchill
Staying mentally strong when life tosses you some biggies to deal with might seem like a lot in the moment. But it is in these moments that we can grow and we even shine our brightest.
The greatest thing about life is every day we have a chance to build and re-build our mental strength muscles—even starting now!
Instead of longingly looking at those who appear to have a put-together life, we can praise and admire them, knowing they built their mental strength over time as well.
I recently went through a rough spell myself—feeling weak in my mind about life and not up to my mental strength self. It was not a good place to be.
It was in the process of self-reflection and in shaking out my mental cobwebs did I realize I was falling pry to the victim mentality. This was not me and I needed to re-build my mental strength to get me out of the tunnel vision I was experiencing.
You can too with the list below. Just don’t be afraid to flex your mental muscles to build stronger ones. Do it now!
Here are 10 ways to just that:
1. Don’t feel sorry for yourself.
2. Don’t waste time on things you can’t control.
3. Don’t try to please others.
4. Don’t expect things to happen right away.
5. Enjoy the present moment and not dwell in the past (could be broken up into two but…)
6. Be happy for other people’s success.
7. Focus on your own goodies and what you have to offer the world.
8. Start before you’re ready—you will build the confidence as you go.
9. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes because you will. Except, you will…
10. Learn from those mistakes (hopefully).
The biggest thing to keep in mind is, no one owes you anything!
Just be the person who can turn lemons into delicious lemonade.
And remember—it takes a little work to build and re-build muscles. I believe in you though. You got this, kid!
Love elephant and want to go steady?
Author: Jesssica Sandhu
Editor: Renée Picard
Photo: Author’s Own