The full moon is a time of reflection and letting go.
It’s also the perfect time to celebrate our connection with the wild women who came before us, those who were totally in tune with the moon cycle.
Making this chocolate treat for yourself (or to share with others) on the full moon is a great way to tune in with the wise women of the past, the source of what you’re eating and the knowledge of what fuels your body.
Raw cacao (chocolate) has a vibration that replenishes the third eye chakra. If you tend to be an over thinker, chocolate may be exactly what you need to replenish your third chakra reserves!
In terms of color, food with dark pigments (brown, black, purple) increases longevity. And it just so happens that chocolate is the number one longevity food.
So whip up this recipe on the next full moon to celebrate the nourishment that comes from the Earth and the sweetness that you deserve in your life.
1/2 cup almond, peanut or sunflower butter
1/2 cup unsalted butter (ideally raw, organic & grass-fed), room temperature
1 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup maple syrup (or honey)
1 tsp pure vanilla
1/4 tsp sea salt
pinch of love
1. Once butter is at room temperature, mix all ingredients in a large bowl
2. Once mixed, spread on parchment paper
3. Then place another piece of parchment paper on top to flatten it with either your hands or a rolling pin
4. Place in freezer for at least an hour
5. Remove from freezer, cut into bite size piece and enjoy!
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for one month or in the freezer for longer.
To enjoy this treat at a higher level, try meditating while you mindfully eat it.
Author: Krista Butler
Editor: Evan Yerburgh
Image: Author’s own