It’s not just one man. Let’s root ’em out. Let’s bring accountability. Let’s shift the power.
Note: for those raising the issue of Bill Clinton, that’s a fair point. A response: “I’m not going to condone Bill’s actions because I’ve lived in relationships where I’ve been cheated on and it sucks. But ultimately, the extramarital sex Bill was having was consensual. That makes it completely different from rape.” #reddit
Clinton was impeached for far less.
I have no problem with Trump supporters, or the GOP. I do have a problem with sexual assault. ~ ed.
Why are folks coming forward, now? I don’t know, but my assumption would be because he admitted to it, and even bragged about it. And, they have cover—once a few come forward, it’s less scary to come forward and anger the Donald and his fans. And, thirdly, it matters to the public interest, now. It takes bravery to bother to come forward and get attached by angry Trump fans. Until recently, most of these women—who I’m sure you care about—simply wanted to be left alone.
I feel like I need a shower after reading this.
Over the past few days, a half-dozen women have come forward. Too many to keep up with. Here’s one that doesn’t even make the lists I’ve seen.
For video of tonight’s press conference (below), here.
Summary of the below press conference, via Reddit:
“So at what point does it become clear to everyone in America that these aren’t isolated incidents where Trump acted out of control. This is just his day-to-day M.O. He sees a pretty woman and he just goes for it. It’s pretty much exactly what he described in the Access Hollywood tape.”
An Apprentice Contestant (a Republican, btw) alleging sexual assault in 2007. After the incidents she spoke with her family and friends and told them about it, so there are contemporaneous witnesses.
Watching press conference live:
- Accosted by Donald Trump at the Beverly Hills hotel while discussing employment opportunities.
- Kissing, touching breasts, leading into bedroom when she went for job interview.
- In 2007, contacted Mr. Trump for lunch, was asked to meet him in office. Kissed on lips, thought “maybe it was his way of greeting…”
- This is going a bit slow due to crying. She was upset by Trump’s kiss, called her friends and called her parents [corroboration].
- Met at the Beverly Hills hotel for dinner, assumed they were going to a restaurant, and instead were taken to a private Bungalow.
- Walked into Bungalow. Trump was not in the room, but she could see his suit was laid out on the bed and Trump was not visible, she sat down in the living room and waited, he emerged minutes later in the suit, i.e. he was waiting for her naked when she arrived.
- Trump started kissing her immediately, she moved away, told him to “get real,” he responded “get real” in a suggestive way. He grabbed her shoulder and began kissing aggressively, he placed hand on breast. She walked away. He grabbed her and pulled her into bedroom.
- She tried to leave, pushed him away, began “thrusting genitals” at her.
- She finally gets through to him, says maybe it is best if we just get dinner and talk business. She names his dinner order (maybe room service/hotel can confirm).
- asked her to hide while waiter delivered dinner. She tried to talk business and job offers. Gave her debt advice on dealing with her home mortgage, told her to default.
- she left after dinner.
- lots of crying.
- spoke to father immediately after [corroboration].
- Trump got her a job at golf course for half the salary she requested. When she called Trump because she was offended about the salary, he gave her the runaround.
- She called and confronted him, claiming that she felt the poor salary and job offer was because she refused his sexual advances. Trump told her that she should never call him again.
- Trump refused contact with her after that. She called and wrote his campaign in April 2016 to try and confront him about it, was rebuffed by staff.
Throughout here there is a lot of sporadic testimony about why she put up with this, why she agreed to meet him after the initial kiss, why she remained silent. He made her feel important, he was a powerful man, told her that she was smart, promised opportunity, and now she feels very used and misled.
Q: Do you have corroborating information?
A: Witnesses she shared the experiences with Trump with.
Q: Do you support any political party?
A: She is a Republican.
No intention of litigation at this time
Q: What does she hope comes out of this?
A: (Victim, not Allred) I want to be able to sleep when I am seventy at night.
Q: More women?
A: Allred says she has been contacted by many more women
Press conference over
In response to a few comments:
After all that, a mindful bonus or two: