Empaths are known for having wonderful strengths—compassion, intuition, and a deep connection to other people and the earth.
The world needs our gifts now more than ever, which is why it’s vital to let our warrior spirit out.
What is a warrior empath? Here are some characteristics to look for:
We know ourselves well enough to practice self-care.
We have a toolkit of strategies that we regularly use to stay strong and thrive.
We take mindful steps to stop absorbing other people’s stress.
With strategic, energy-saving tools, empaths can be unstoppable.
To support my warrior spirit, I use the following five strategies. Give them a try and see how your energy and clarity improves:
1. Express gratitude. Instead of focusing on everything you need to accomplish, start each day with a gratitude affirmation. Gratitude increases positive energy and keeps you in the moment rather than wasting energy by catastrophizing about the future.
2. Meditate. I practice a three-minute heart meditation throughout the day to stay centered in heart energy, instead of fear. Even a short meditation can work wonders to bring you back to your power when you start to feel sensory overload. I feel stronger and more in control of my emotional state when I do this.
3. Mindful breathing. To be a warrior, it’s helpful to breath out negative energy and stress throughout the day, while breathing in clarity and power. This stops the accumulation of stress in our bodies. Remember, the breath is your friend.
4. Strengthen your intuition. Trust your intuition to choose the right people for your inner circle. Intuition is that little feeling inside that tells you when your energy has increased or decreased around someone. Pay attention to this information. Stick with those people who increase your energy and learn to set clear boundaries with those who drain you.
5. Love yourself. You are a precious being. Please remember that and let your daily mantra be: “I embrace my sensitivities. I can be vulnerable and strong at the same time.”
The journey of an empath is the adventure of a lifetime. As a sensitive person, there is much to be grateful for. We are able to experience exquisite passion and joy. We can perceive the big picture from a different angle. We are attuned to the beauty, poetry, and energy of life. Our compassion gives us the capacity to help others. We are not callous or shut off or cold-hearted.
Our sensitivities allow us to be caring, vulnerable, and aware beings.
Notice how your own life and relationships improve when you embrace your warrior spirit as an empath. Celebrate your progress every time you listen to your intuition or assert your needs or are able to center yourself in the midst of chaos.
Celebrate that you are no longer willing to deny your own feelings just to make other people comfortable.
Celebrate your ability to love your beautiful self today, without conflict or second guessing.
Be grateful for all your progress. Baby steps are golden, so don’t worry if you backslide at times—we all do.
And in every circumstance, treat yourself with compassion.
Adapted from The Empath’s Survival Guide: Life Strategies for Sensitive People by Judith Orloff MD.
Author: Judith Orloff MD
Image: courtesy of Audrey Reid/Instagram
Editor: Nicole Cameron
Copy Editor: Catherine Monkman