3.5
October 23, 2018

The Hidden Reason for your Belly Bloat. {Partner}

This article is offered in partnership with ActivatedYou™—they’re dedicated to helping us live our healthiest, happiest life, and we’re honored to share their products with you.

Los Angeles—Maggie Q is best known for her roles in shows like Nikita and Designated Survivor. But today, the 38-year-old actress isn’t here to discuss her action-packed film and TV career.

She wants to talk about…going poop.

It may not be a glamorous topic, but for Maggie, it recently proved to be a lifesaver.

“When you feel sluggish and run-down, it’s easy to say, ‘Well, I guess I’m just getting older,’ but now I know that’s not true—you can be 65 and still feel like you’re 20.”

Which is why she’s finally decided to share her story with others.

“For a long time, I thought something was wrong with me. I was always tired, my whole body felt heavy, and my stomach…it wasn’t just bloated, it actually looked huge,” she recalls.

Like many adults who struggle with these issues every day, Maggie initially thought her diet was the problem, or perhaps she wasn’t exercising enough.

But last year, she met a doctor who recommended something totally unexpected:

She just needed to change the way she goes to the bathroom.

As bizarre as this suggestion seemed at the time, Maggie tried it. And, to her amazement, she says her stomach “deflated,” her mood improved, and her energy skyrocketed—all in a matter of days.

When Maggie first revealed this on her website earlier this month, some were understandably skeptical. But since then, countless people have reported similar results.

Will it work for everyone? Maggie can’t make any promises.

“Look, it’s such an easy thing to do, and, for me, it’s made a really big difference,” she says. “So I just want more people—especially women—to know about it.”

(Editor’s note: Medical experts actually believe it to be particularly effective for men and women over 35.)

It’s deceptively simple—so if you’d like to try Maggie Q’s technique yourself, click below and watch carefully:

Image: Aleksander Razumny Nordgarden Rødner/Flickr

You must be logged in to post a comment. Create an account.

Jesse Gottlob Nov 16, 2018 3:39am

For those who are going to watch the video, the reason is because of a breakfast that is too large, or sugary. The answer is probiotics, which you can get from a shot of apple cider vinegar, or probiotic supplement.

Jesse Gottlob Nov 16, 2018 3:35am

Elephant Journal you do make a point, however I watched this video all the way through, & I feel that there could have been a concise article that would have gotten to the point much faster and without an ad to purchase a product. This was a bit of a waste and I'm surprised Elephant Journal would post this type of content

Elephant Journal Nov 13, 2018 11:18am

There is actually a lot of genuinely helpful info in the video, whether or not you buy the product. I didn't and I've used some of the info to inform some of my eating choices throughout the day anyway, and I have actually found it to be helpful! ~ Khara, Editor

Elephant Journal Nov 13, 2018 11:17am

Hey dear readers, yep, this is a sponsored post. Sarah, ironically, if more readers supported indie media and subscribed, we'd have less call for sponsored posts. That said, we are proudly transparent about our mindful partners and only share those offerings we believe may be of genuine benefit to our readers lives. Sponsored posts also don't count toward your two free reads a day. Having said all that, I repeat what I said to Jacqueline. I have actually watched the video through and found there to be a lot of actually helpful information in it, even though I did not purchase the product. Though, yes, it is long form, and though, Anne, I do hear you on the length, we can't influence other companies' marketing policies for 'em, though they can see reader comments of course, so no need for us to pass on.

Anne Pierce Nov 10, 2018 4:49am

Totally agree. It's exhaustingly repetitive and could have been engaging in 1/10th the time. Why embarrass us and them with these haranguing talks? I think they'd get a lot more sales if there was respect! Hope you can give them a nudge, Elephant. Thanks.

Kris Scharnhorst Nov 9, 2018 5:27am

Thanks, Jacqueline. I started watching it, too, and immediately knew it was clickbait to get me to buy something, which is disappointing b/c it's something that I was genuinely interested in hearing about. It's really disappointing to see something like this on EJ. I was really hoping for some answers. :/

Read Elephant’s Best Articles of the Week here.
Readers voted with your hearts, comments, views, and shares:
Click here to see which Writers & Issues Won.

ActivatedYou™

ActivatedYou™ believe that to help someone, you need to treat them as a whole person—mind, body and spirit. And that’s what they strive to do through their products and education, every single day. They strive to approach health problems right from the source, to help you live your healthiest, happiest life.