To manifest is to laser-beam focus your energy on exactly what you want and bring it into your physical reality.
The notion is a modern-day concept of 19th century “mind over body” guru, Phineas Quimby, a Portland, Maine clockmaker. Quimby cured himself of tuberculosis using the power of his mind and thoughts to create a state of wellness in his body.
This belief morphed decades later into The Law of Attraction; our thoughts have the ability to attract, like a magnet, the powers of the Universe, to do our bidding.
Best-selling books by Napoleon Hill, Norman Vincent Peale and Louise Hay trumpeted the theory. The Law of Attraction principle was the basis for the 2006 best-selling film The Secret and 2007 book of the same title. The belief is that we are in charge of fashioning our reality.
So, how do you practice manifestation to get what you want?
Here are 10 tips to manifest what you want in your life:
- Focus on what it is exactly that you want. Be clear and distinct. Lock it in by explaining to yourself why you need this in your life.
- Crystallize your desire, your goal into a short statement. Make it your mantra.
- Put your aspiration out to the Universe.
- Believe in the process of manifestation and that it can work for you.
- Develop a plan to help you move toward the goal you are manifesting.
- Say “yes” and gratefully accept good things that come into your life.
- Continue to send out your wish. Dispatch and transmit your desires to the Universe on a regular basis.
- Reject negativity. Stop naysaying yourself. Get out of your own way.
- Ask yourself, “Why not me?” Recognize that you have worth and value.
- Look for signs that your manifestation is attracting what you need. What new people have appeared in your life? What new events have come up that can help pull you closer to your goal? Are potential new job opportunities appearing? What types of good energy are you experiencing?
Acknowledge that nothing is impossible. The dynamic force you visualize and send out to the Universe can boomerang back carrying everything you need—and more—to live life with enthusiasm and high-energy.
Envision what you want. Cast out your hopes and desires. Be prepared for the superpowers that will lift and guide you, turning pipedreams into reality.
Photo: Joshua Earle
Read 4 comments and reply